Recent content by Bob Gall

1. Bob Gall

Bathroom sink drain pipe gasket slips

Hello, I’m trying to replace the gasket on my sink drain pipe. However the gasket I bought slips into the drain because the size of the down pipe is too big for the gasket. The gasket fits perfectly on the lip of the bottom part just slips into the drain when tightening. Sorry I don’t know all...
  2. Bob Gall

How to fill sink overflow?

So far I tried bleach, vinegar, hot water, and hydrogen peroxide, but the smell persisted. After using Lysol directly in the overflow it seems to have fended the odor off for a couple days now. The Lysol scent is still there so I'm curious once that wears if it the earthy odor will come back...
  3. Bob Gall

Tailpipe length

I’m wondering how far the tailpipe should go into the ptrap on a bathroom sink? Should I trim it if it goes too far in?
  4. Bob Gall

How to fill sink overflow?

I’m trying to clean out the overflow with cleaner. I’m trying to figure out what to put where the pop up is to prevent solution from leaking out. I want to keep the solution in there overnight. Is there a good way to accomplish this? Also, what’s the best solution to remove a lingering odor...
  5. Bob Gall

T&P Valve leaking slightly after drain and refill, warm to touch

I did change out the valve because it seemed to dribble more often and when releasing pressure it seemed to spray water from release pin. I found that the old one was actually starting to corrode on the inside and likely about to fail. Attaching files of the drain line. The only problem is that...
  6. Bob Gall

T&P Valve leaking slightly after drain and refill, warm to touch

I was wondering if the t&p is supposed to drip periodically? It seemed to drip a bit during the drain and refill. It doesn't seem to be dripping now. Does it normally drip under certain conditions, like after a drain and refill or does it normally not drip at all? Is it supposed to be...
  7. Bob Gall

TOTO Drake II CST454CEFG - Leak and fixed

Hi, Just reporting that I replaced out my flapper and the fill valve. I used the following parts: Korky 3060 Flapper - Adjustment set to 6 Korky 528MP (Silver) - Fill Value Everything seems to be working good. I had to adjust the fill valve one notch lower after I initially installed it so...
  8. Bob Gall

Toilet Suggestions for Family of 5

Used a coat hanger to tug the toy out, thanks!
  9. Bob Gall

Hey Guys, the inevitable happened. My 2 year old flush down a toy train down the TOTO Entrada. It's stuck where the toilet drain bends, it seems like it goes further around the bend when we try to pull it out. Any suggestions?
  10. Bob Gall

I got the toilets installed, a Drake II and the Entrada. The plumber tried to save money on the Drake II and used the old water line, which he tilted the bowel towards the water line in order for it to reach. It was also leaking from the inlet valve on the toilet. Also the caulking turned blue...
  11. Bob Gall

Hey so one of the entradas was cracked from online and they're sold out. Will the CST454CEFG fit in the 12.5" round in?
  12. Bob Gall

I couldn't find a bad thing to be said about the Entrada so I went with two of those. I'll report back when I get installed.
  13. Bob Gall

Guys, The thing that concerns me about TOTO Entrada is that it doesn't have the Double Cyclone technology. I need something low maintenance, an immediate wipe down after a #2 isn't necessarily possible given the family aspect. I found this rebate too on the home depot website, can I use both...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks