Recent content by Bob C

1. Bob C

Toilet bowl drains completely

Well, I worked on the toilet with a plunger a few times and that seems to have resolved it. The water level in the bowl is now normal! I never realized that a clog could cause MORE water to drain out instead of Less. Lesson learned!!
  2. Bob C

Toilet bowl drains completely

This morning one of my toilets started acting strangely. When flushed, all of the water drains out even after the tank has refilled itself. The water drains out until it starts sucking air at the bottom of the bowl and stays with very little water remaining. Is this a vent issue? Why would...
  3. Bob C

Power Use/Meter Reading Issue

We bought our first house back in the 70's. It was an old farmhouse on 5 acres. We encountered the same problem. The power companies were friendlier back then and they sent our someone to investigate. He turned off all of the individual circuit breakers and the meter still turned...
  4. Bob C

Water Filter Change Problems

Well, I turn off my water at the pressure tank and open a basement faucet to relieve pressure. I guess no point in persuing this further unless someone else has had this issue and resolved it. I appreciate your mention of the Pentek filters. I see that they have a bracket kit as you...
  5. Bob C

I do only hand tighten and I'm not a big guy. The filter does have a bypass. My concern is that I might apply enough torque that the valve body cracks at an inlet or outlet fitting. It is fed by copper pipe and they do flex when I break the canister free. Thanks
  6. Bob C

I have a Whirlpool whole house water filter. Typical hang from the pipe type to remove sediment. It works fine but I have a problem changing filters. I order to remove the canister from the valve body, I need to put a 2 foot piece of pipe on the supplied blue plastic wrench to break it free...
  7. Bob C

Shower Valve Flow Rate

I am remodeling my shower. I have a Danze shower valve. I looked down into the outlet of the valve and it appears that the water will be actually flowing through a hole that is about 3/16 dia inside the valve. Is this right?? What flow rate should I get through the valve? Thanks!
  8. Bob C

Odd P trap

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I've lived in the house 23 years so I don't know how old it is. It looks somewhat corroded. I guess I'll clean it up and test it before I go on. I'd really like to keep it as my connectiion to the old drain system if I can. Yes, it willl be enclosed when...
  9. Bob C

Odd P trap

Hi all. I've learned a lot just lurking on this forum but I ran into something I haven't seen before. I'm tearing out our bath tub and installing a shower in it's place. The drain system is copper but the trap appears to be cast brass. My question concerns the union in the center of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks