Recent content by blues1360

1. blues1360

Drain unclogged, now a backup problem

Thank you very much for the advice. I will check the size of the drain attached to the washing machine discharge hose. If it is 1 1/2 " I will increase the size to 2". Otherwise I will get the floor drain cleaned out. My thoughts... I will continue to work on the drain with a hand snake...
  2. blues1360

My drain is a 2" drain, at least the one for the shower. That I am positive of. In terms of the wahing machine drain, Im not sure. What causes the water to back up? I'm not saying that I know what I am talking about...now what I am saying is that I have put a bunch (25 galllons) of water...
  3. blues1360

So my drain cleared out, believe it or not. (I had a stubborn drain in a cement slab, that I will be using for a shower, see post from yesterday on clogged drain in slab) I can pour water rapidly and freely down the drain. So a new problem... My washing machine is hooked up to the same...
  4. blues1360

trying to unclog old unused drain in slab

Drain unclogged! Now a new problem... So my drain cleared out, believe it or not. I can pour water rapidly and freely down the drain. So a new problem... My washing machine is hooked up to the same waste/vent pipe. The machine dump is above that of where my floor drain enters the line. When...
  5. blues1360

If it is true that I need a plumber...What does the experienced plumber have to offer for over a DIY person when it comes to clearing a drain? Also, why can you not rent a HD auger? Aren't those the 500-1000 dollar ones at the hardware store? I mean no offense, just trying to learn. If I do...
  6. blues1360

I am converting a room in my house to a bathroom. The room was originally plumbed with a drain where I want to put mine for the shower stall. Currently, my problem is that the old drain in the slab is clogged. It wont run at all. The drain is metal. The house was built in 1976, and it would not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks