Recent content by Bluegrass Picker

1. Bluegrass Picker

Washing Machine - Move From 1 1/2" Vertical Line To 3" Vertical Main Stack?

Thanks! I deeply appreciate your help. That ka-ching sound you just heard was the tip jar. Thanks again, BluegrassPicker
  2. Bluegrass Picker

Thanks very much! I'll run the vent over to the 1 1/2 vent stack. Should I cut out the existing 1 1/2" P trap from the old washer standpipe and then plumb the vanity on the other side of the wall from there, or just leave the P trap and install a second one in the vanity? Thanks again...
  3. Bluegrass Picker

We are wanting to move the washer and sink, so the washing machine drain needs to go to the opposite side of the main stack. House was built in 1968. Existing washing machine drain in basement is 1 1/2". Main waste stack is 3" and has 2 toilets, 1 tub, 1 shower connected from floor above...
  4. Bluegrass Picker

Replaced Short Length Of 1/2" Copper With PEX. Do I Need A Ground Jumper?

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I haven't had any leaks in the 40 years we've lived here, my concern was for prevention if needed. I had heard that breaking the continuity of the conductors by inserting an insulator in a continuous piping system such as inserting a section of PEX in a...
  5. Bluegrass Picker

I really appreciate the replies, but is there an issue that would cause pinhole leaks in the copper section between the PEX pipe? Thanks
  6. Bluegrass Picker

Thanks for your reply. The primary concern is prevention of pin hole leaks in that 10 foot section of copper pipe that is sandwiched between two PEX pipes. Hopefully that's not an issue, but I am very much concerned, and would appreciate it if someone would let me know that it either is or is...
  7. Bluegrass Picker

Hi, I removed a 4 foot length of 1/2" copper pipe and replaced it with PEX while installing a T for a faucet line. On the other end of that PEX there is about ten feet of 1/2" copper pipe that leads to another three foot PEX pipe that connects to a different faucet in another room. That...
  8. Bluegrass Picker

Moen Posi-Temp Valve Uses No Backing Board?

Terry and Jim, Thank you very much for your helpful replies, and I appreciate this forum. I think I'll install a horizontal backer 2x4 with a 1 1/4" hole drilled in the back for the unit to "float" in yet provide some stability. I'll be installing the shower "onto the valve" with the valve in...
  9. Bluegrass Picker

Moen Posi-Temp Valve Uses No Backing Board?

I'm getting ready to install a Moen Posi-Temp shower faucet, and the instructions make no mention of any backing board or support other than the plastic round "plaster ground" sandwiching the fiberglass wall to the escutcheon plate. Apparently the valve "floats" and is held only by the...
  10. Bluegrass Picker

Bathroom Plumbing Plan Re-done, Please Advise - Drawing Attached

Thanks for your reply, HJ. Much appreciated. Looks the right hand drawing plan B is down the drain... Bluegrass Picker
  11. Bluegrass Picker

Thank you very much for your reply. The bathroom is on the top floor (single level house with basement). I just want to make sure that I understand correctly that the first drawing would be doable, with the toilet connected to a Y below the shower connection to the 3" main stack? I'll be...
  12. Bluegrass Picker

First, I want to say that I deeply appreciate the advice and the information that is contained on this forum and I appreciate those persons who have provided the responses and information. We're finalizing our bathroom plumbing after reading various posts here and after getting advice from a...
  13. Bluegrass Picker

Sterling kit needs exact stud locations? (pics added)

I recently installed a Sterling tub and surround which is similar to yours. It was an extremely frustrating experience and I said never again. I called Sterling several times for advice during the process and I was told that in order for the walls to mate with the tub and connect together...
  14. Bluegrass Picker

Shower Drain For Fiberglass Shower - Caulk Or No-Caulk Design - Do Or Don't Do?

Hi, We are installing a Maax fiberglass two piece Neo Angle shower unit in our bathroom on the main level with basement underneath. All plumbing and the drain is readily accessible. There are two types of shower drains that I am considering. Both are made by Sioux chief. One is the...
  15. Bluegrass Picker

Two Bathroom Sinks Back-To-Back. What Double Fitting To Use On Horizontal Drain?

Thanks for your very prompt reply. You are correct that no sink had ever backflowed into the other and we've lived here over 40 years now..... Thanks again, Bluegrass Picker
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks