Recent content by blove1344

1. blove1344

Noise in shower head

Thanks Jim, It is the diverter! I'd never thought of that. I was ready to swap out the valve. Thanks again!
  2. blove1344

Noise in shower head

We are on a well system. I checked the tank pressure and it reads 50psi.
  3. blove1344

Noise in shower head

My newely installed tub/shower has a squealling noise when the shower is turned on. It is a Moen valve and shower head and there is a loud squealling noise usually after the water has been on awhile. Then goes away and comes back later. It almost always makes this noise when you are shutting...
  4. blove1344

Pipe squeal

I installed another new shower head. This one has adjustable flow. It squeals as bad or worse than the original, in any flow pattern. The control valve is new as well as the copper pipe from the valve to the shower head and spout. I installed cpvc from the valve to both supply lines,which are...
  5. blove1344

Pipe squeal

Thanks, I'll try replacing the shower head first. Will let you know how it goes.
  6. blove1344

Pipe squeal

Just completed my bathroom remodel. The shower squeals for a few minutes after turning on the water then the squeal goes away. The noise sometimes starts right away but usually after it has been on a few minutes. It doesn't last long but can be loud and annoying. I removed the shower head and...
  7. blove1344

Sani-Seal Toilet Gasket vs Wax Ring

Has anyone a time proven experience with the new SaniSeal toilet gasket? I am about to install a new toilet and am thinking about using the new seal. Any advice?
  8. blove1344

over thinking tub installation?

Thanks. It will take some time but I think in the long run thats the best way of doing it. Thanks for the confirmation. I needed someone with experience to give me some confidence.
  9. blove1344

over thinking tub installation?

I'm in the process of installing a Sterling tub and surround. The tub is ready to go in but I'm having issues. In dry fitting the tub I found one corner slightly off level and should be raised a little. The back length is perfect and the other end is good. I am planning to use a morter bed and...
  10. blove1344

Mortar Cement for Fiberglass (Sterling Accord) Tub

Thanks John, Sounds good. Does that mean that some of the legs will be embedded in the mortar?
  11. blove1344

Thanks Jim. That's the way I'll do it.
  12. blove1344

Thanks Gary, There are a lot of legs under this tub and I can't for the life of me figure out how I would spread mortar and not have at least some legs imbedded and end up with a lopsided tub. This setup came with a pad to be placed under the tub. Everyone says to use mortar instead.
  13. blove1344

I have a question about the mortar bed also. I am going to install a sterling tub and surround and it is recommended to use a mortar bed even though the floor is level. My question is: Is it ok to have the legs embedded in the mortar? This seems to possibly throw off the level. Am I over...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks