Recent content by Blitzen

1. Blitzen

Submersible Pump stops - works again after power disconnected

Thanks Valveman and Ballvalve...you guys are a huge asset here. Thanks for the education! :)
  2. Blitzen

Thanks guys, I am not sure if I completely understand the options but let me see if this is correct... So the options are to: 1- Have the 3/4 hp pump and put a 3 gallon dole valve between it and a diaphragm pressure tank and then out to the house 2- Have a 3/4 hp pump and put a 3 gallon dole...
  3. Blitzen

Thanks Ballvalve, The guy who dug the well said he would sell me a diaphragm tank for his cost 225 or so. But I am not sure which way to go..I am intrigued by the csv setup. Valveman, Could you give me the CSV and tank that would best suit my needs in this situation? 3 GPM - 131 ft well 155...
  4. Blitzen

Well "accidental on purpose" would totally be par for the course considering all the other things that took place from the realtor..but that is another story. Is that the pumpsaver plus by symcom I see on the web? Would the cyclestop valve be worth looking into as well? I have been looking...
  5. Blitzen

I figured I would update this post and get anyone's thoughts on the subject. Before replacing the 3/4hp control box with a 2hp control box for the 2hp pump, I tested the starting and runnng resistance. They were 12.1 and 3.6 roughly which is what the AIM Manuel said were for a 3/4 hp pump. SO...
  6. Blitzen

Thanks ballvalve for all of time you spend answering these questions. You are a great help!!! blitzen
  7. Blitzen

Wow, so it turns out there is a 3/4hp control box running this 2hp pump. It has been this way for the last 5 years. Would that explain the symptoms? I saw that it was 3/4hp and didn't do any additional electrical testing. This seems like a dumb question but does a 2hp pump requires a 2 hp...
  8. Blitzen

I have a Franklin control box..it should be a 2hp control box correct? (I have a 2hp Goulds pump) I have been looking around the internet for a 2hp box just incase I need to replace the one I have but can't seem to find a 2hp box. Thanks! Blitzen
  9. Blitzen

Yeah that is what I read and those check valves are coming off this weekend. I definitely fell into the camp of "if one is good two is better". :p
  10. Blitzen

Thanks ballvalve! ..I am thinking I will check the box first (I actually need to figure out how to test the electrical. I have the equipment to test it I just don't really know how to use it). I have 300 feet of the one inch pipe that I think I will go ahead and hook up if I don't find something...
  11. Blitzen

Thanks Valveman you have been a huge help. I will check out the box and let the forum know the results. I hope you know you are a great asset to everyone here with questions! Blitzen
  12. Blitzen

Thanks Valveman...yes 03. You are right that it will reset itself. Usually though I am using the water and it trips and then I run out of pressure. It seems to take a long time to go back on by itself. I only use this pump once a week as it is on a piece of property I have so it does not get...
  13. Blitzen

What a great forum! I have looked through the old and the new forum for an answer and did not find one that quite fit my problem. The specs on my well are: Goulds 2 HP Well: 138 ft 14.5 Gal. Per Minute 13 ft drawdown after 4 hours 300 feet of 1.5 inch pipe to pressure tank. 10 gauge...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks