Recent content by Blade_Jones

1. Blade_Jones

Soil compacting methods after laying ABS pipe?

I'm curious what effect does soaking the soil in water have? Does the soil flatten out more after it dries? And with a tamper do you fill up the trench ALL THE WAY and THEN use it, OR do you use that tamper after filling a few inches at a time or something? Also I hope my ABS pipe down...
  2. Blade_Jones

Soil compacting methods after laying ABS pipe?

I just laid some new ABS pipes. They're in my driveway, which is cobblestone, so I don't want any settling to occur months later. Can foot stomping do the job or do I need to rent a compactor?
  3. Blade_Jones

How do plumbers decide on what to charge?

I think they check out the neighborhood and size you up, and if you look like you're got $$ then they charge as much as they want to. Of course you never hire them again. I know a guy who majored in Physics, who makes $90 a hour working at a major aerospace company. I keep telling him he could...
  4. Blade_Jones

Free Photo Editor

www.gimp.org (like PhotoShop for free!)
  5. Blade_Jones

11 1/4 degree ABS elbow?

Actually I was messing with turning two 22 1/2 degree elbows and I am able to create an 11 degree bend with only a 2" depth drop. I can work with that.
  6. Blade_Jones

Ways to cut clay pipe?

I am trying to cut a sewage main and prep it to join with an ABS + rubber Fernco. I don't have one of those $400 chain cutters. I do have a 4" angle grinder with 2 masonry blades. Would that be a good 2nd option? UPDATE: The Grinder started a small score but it was ponderous, and even with a...
  7. Blade_Jones

11 1/4 degree ABS elbow?

I'm surprised they don't make some sort of flexible ABS pipe. Can ABS pipes be heated and bent slightly?
  8. Blade_Jones

11 1/4 degree ABS elbow?

For sewage pipes isn't ABS what everyone is using these days? Maybe I need to be running the white PVC pipes under my driveway. Should I return my black ABS pipes to Home Depot?
  9. Blade_Jones

11 1/4 degree ABS elbow?

Do they make an 11 1/4 degree ABS elbow (4")? I am replacing a section of sewage main. I don't want to drop the depth using two 90 degree elbows, so I can either use a rubber 4" coupling OR preferably find a 11 1/4 elbow if they are even made. I have found that 4" PVC elbows are made (in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks