Recent content by blackm3sedan

1. blackm3sedan

Where does the P-trap go?

I almost forgot, I have visually verified that there is indeed a trap at the bottom of the riser for the bathtub. So I will be connecting the tub to the riser directly, without a vent or trap. Thank you to those that provided helpful comments and insights. You got me pointed in the right...
  2. blackm3sedan

I never asked you specifically to fish through all 3 pages of the plumbing trap code. I provided the code in case someone wanted to point to it and say that it specifically is not done per this statement in the code. I don't believe that 'we' know it isn't done properly. My licensed plumber...
  3. blackm3sedan

You're correct. My assumption was that only one person was using the bathroom at a time. However, I think there are some flaws in your assumption. You're assuming that the water from the sink is filling the entire 2" drain line. Since the drain from the sink is only 1.25" diameter, I don't...
  4. blackm3sedan

I corrected myself in a following post. The overflow does provide a vent as the water is draining through the bottom of the tub. I agree that it does nothing to vent the vacuum created in the line downstream of the p-trap. So am I wrong? The way I think of it is that the toilet flush acts as...
  5. blackm3sedan

I agree with him based on my knowledge as a mechanical engineer with a basic understanding of fluid dynamics. Please explain to me how my description or my logic is flawed.
  6. blackm3sedan

I'm tending to agree with mtcummins. As the slug of water from the toilet travels down the center pipe, the vacuum will be broken as it passes where the vented vanity is tee'd into the main line. When the slug of water passes the tub tee, there will be no more vacuum behind the slug. I do...
  7. blackm3sedan

Well it does appear that there is a trap at the bottom of the riser. Either that or it's sloped the wrong way. There is definitely water sitting in the bottom of the riser after the pump is activated. I guess the only way to be sure is to dig it up, hoping that it's not buried in the footer...
  8. blackm3sedan

Hey, easy on the rocket science stuff. I work for NASA. ;) Now that you mention it, there is water in the bottom of the riser. But I also know the small tank is full of water, because I tried to move it. I'll get power to the pump to clear it and see if the water is still there. So if...
  9. blackm3sedan

I'm not sure if there is a trap at the bottom of the riser. I should have taken better pictures, but at the time, I was just thinking of documenting where the pipes are run and not what they looked like. I thought it would be a bad idea and and very unusual to bury the trap in the 20" thick...
  10. blackm3sedan

It may seem like a simple question, but how do I put a p-trap in here without making it into an s-trap? It's a room addition which required a new slab and footing to be poured. I think the rough-in drain line should have been installed in the wall cavity and not in front of it. In this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks