Recent content by blackcheetah

1. blackcheetah

fork stuck in kitchen garbage disposal and unjammable

hi terry thanks for that. any tips on soaking/cleaning up the grease/water mixture that's in my disposal unit? i checked the unit and i'm almost certain that if i released the seal between the unit and the sink, all that grease would spill out the side, over the unit, and onto everything in...
  2. blackcheetah

well the thing is there are two sinks. the one without the disposal unit works fine. the one with the disposal unit does not flow, or flows extremely slowly. i believe the draino has cleared the drains as it did go down the sink, although very slowly. the clog happened maybe a day after i...
  3. blackcheetah

yes i actually tried that when the unit was actually draining very slowly. now it barely drains at all so i don't want to compound the amount of water in the unit. i'm going to remove/replace the unit once i find a size-for-size replacement and when enough water drains out. so as to minimize...
  4. blackcheetah

yes i assumed as much. i'm seeing disposal units going for 50-70 bucks so it's not a huge hit. and i've read that plumbers can charge up to $300 for parts and labor on this type of work. thanks for the input though.
  5. blackcheetah

yea i was considering that, but my landlord is elderly and if i could fix it for cheap, then i figured it would be a good project to deal with on my own, instead of having him stress over it. but if was costly, that's when i'd bug him. thanks for the input though.
  6. blackcheetah

don't have a shop vac handy. i live in an apartment. also this stuff is pretty gunky and thick. think of a cheese after popping in the microwave for 30 seconds. that type of consistency and ultra greasy. tried scooping as much of it out as i could, but there's a splash guard keeping me from...
  7. blackcheetah

new to this forum. searched the forum but no avail. ----------------------------------------------------------- i believe there is a fork stuck in my garbage disposal and i've tried using the hex wrench to unjam, but it won't budge. also tried sticking a stick in there to unjam it, won't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks