Recent content by bkyser

1. bkyser

Nu Well tablets with Artesian well

UPDATE!!!! I used the NuWell product per instructions. Yes, as a man I was tempted to just use the whole thing, but I didn't. First, I pumped out the water down to roughly 2' of water in the bottom of the well. (artesian, but VERY reduced flow, so it gave me plenty of time to work) I...
  2. bkyser

Thanks, I did order the NuWell tablets just now. Won't have anything in time to get it working this weekend, so we'll be hauling water. Not the end of the world, at least we have a toilet that we can flush by pouring water down it, and don't have to dig holes. I printed off the whole thread...
  3. bkyser

I hope this isn't dumb, but if the screen is not letting much water in, would a different pump make a difference? I started looking up both pumps, and that question popped in my head. I don't think the issue is that the water is too deep, it just isn't flowing into the casing. I would...
  4. bkyser

At least that gives me hope. Any suggestions on a good place to purchase the tabs? I just wanted to ask questions before I spent another $70 on something that I had no idea if it would work or not.
  5. bkyser

I forgot to mention, The casing is 2", I have a cap (the one mentioned above) with a rubber gasket that brings it down to 1". I do have a spare cap in case I ruin the current one. There is 1" ganvanized going down through the gasket cap, below that, it is connected to black plastic...
  6. bkyser

Simple pump looks interesting, but it says for 4". I am interested in a 2 pipe coaxial system that would fit in a 2" casing, just need to try to find info.
  7. bkyser

Any idea how much pressure would be the minimum to use? I don't know what is typical for an artesian well. The gasket was a cap that brings the 2" pipe down to the 1" riser. I replaced the galvanized riser with plastic irrigation pipe, ran it to the bottom, and pressurized it. I did get a...
  8. bkyser

I think the casing is galvanized from the looks of it. I did try pressure. Got it to 60 psi, before the rubber gasket let loose and blew my air pipe out of the well. When trying to remove the sediment, water was cloudy, but not a lot of debris. Kept repeatin until water ran clear, that's why...
  9. bkyser

Yeah, 2". I measured 80 feet deep when running black irrigation hose down to try to use air to get the sediment out.
  10. bkyser

I do have a pump, but it loses suction right away, because it can't suck enough water. My question is how to even use the tablets. The water is so slow, that I can send a hose down 80 feet, and pump air down until all the water bubbles out. Then it takes a full 10 minutes for the water to get...
  11. bkyser

I have googled the heck out of this, and can't find an answer. Our artesian well on a place we purchased for basically glorified camping, has been capped off for several years. I get a little flow out of it, (a trickle), the neighbors get so much pressure, they don't really need a pump. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks