Recent content by Bipolar Express

1. B

Leak somewhere, hot & cold mixed up somehow - mystery?

Thank you jadnashua. You hit it on the head -- new shower valve is a pressure balance valve and operates exactly as you stated. As a charter member of the over-the-hill gang this was a new twist for me. I did find the leak by using an ultrasonic stethoscope I snagged from e-bay. The leak is...
  2. B

The new bathroom uses what was the washer connection to feed the hot & cold. Something is wrong. I know there is a hot water leak because I can hear it -- I have an ultrasonic detector on the way to try and isolate it. Meanwhile, I do understand what you are saying, that either valve SHOULD do...
  3. B

This is a weird one folks - I had a new bathroom built. I can now hear water flow in the hot water lines throughout the house. I know I have a problem and I have narrowed it down, but here's the question: The new tub has a single handle mixer valve. If I turn off the cold water supply to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks