Recent content by billdoors

1. billdoors

Heat Exchanger issue with Viessmann boiler

Thanks, Dana and Bill. I'm having some words with my HVAC guy shortly.
  2. billdoors

I just spent a couple of hours with a stopwatch and notepad in hand not moving from in front of the boiler. First off, I need to correct my statement about short cycling. At least today (outside temp 37-42F over course of testing) firing time was longer, based on how many zones I had active...
  3. billdoors

Thank you for the reply Dana. The 35K comes from 2 major offenders: one is air infiltration (8.46 ach50 before I started air sealing), the other is the walls, which I've estimated at R10 based on construction and inspection (the walls get kinda cold in the winter). I'm hoping that when I'm...
  4. billdoors

Thanks, Bill. I'll try a conversation with my plumber again and see if I can get him to buy into doing the work.
  5. billdoors

I've been having a problem with the heat arrangement in my house not quite providing enough heat in the fall and winter ever since the new system has been installed. While I trust the craftmanship of my plumbing installer, I'm not so sure that his suggested remedy is the right one and was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks