Recent content by BigBoschMan

1. BigBoschMan

Water While Soldering

Great advice as usual. I heard about the freezing of pipe's with Carbon Dioxide used in England before.Like turning water into dry ice. Would it be safe to say that using propane as opposed to acetylene just can't heat the connection enuff to overshadow the effect that trickle of water has...
  2. BigBoschMan

Water While Soldering

That's a great point Cass which lead's to another question. Replacing main shut-off would require City water line to be disabled?...(or just a bigger hunk of bread?;) Thanx for the reply's & that Jet Swet kit is likely costly vs. a honeybun. This mean's I'll be stopping at the bakery...
  3. BigBoschMan

Water While Soldering

Here is the oldest dilemma in the Plumbers Bible I suppose & if it's been asked a million time's my apologie's. After shutting the main water off there is still a contiuing trickle thru the supply line's not allowing for a proper soldered joint. The old white bread in the line trick is my...
  4. BigBoschMan

Fluglehorn In The Shower

It would be a cheap builder's Moen assembly. Could the sound be in unison with hot water being used in another part of the house as well?
  5. BigBoschMan

Fluglehorn In The Shower

Hey gang...Here's a question put to me by a client to me today that i just could'nt answer. When he/she is in the shower he hear's that high pitched "horn" sound coming through what is apparrently the supply line's. Hot or cold?...I recall having experienced the same cacophony of sound...
  6. BigBoschMan

New basement bathroom - Bad concrete pour?

Are you good with a hand trowell?...If so,either do a drymix mortar bed before your tile project or use latex modified thinset to make a smooth surface for your tile.
  7. BigBoschMan

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Thanx for the quick respone Terry! Sound's like it's something worth avoiding & i'll look over your review to make another decision.
  8. BigBoschMan

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Do these review's apply to both 1 pc.& 2 pc. Champions?? I have a client who has decided on the I pc. instead of my recommended Toto Supreme but judging from these response's I am ready to steer him otherwise. He has opted for the 1 pc. & was really intrigued by the "victory lap" flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks