Recent content by Biddle

1. Biddle

Circut Breaker Trips - Pump Wire Short, Bad Pressure Tank, or Well Running Out of Water?

Craigpump and Valveman have already seen this message as it is related to another question. For those that haven't and to bring this thread to a conclusion: My pump finally died for good and forced the issue. The circuit breaker tripped and could not be reset. I called Staven Brothers, a well...
  2. Biddle

Why Is Pump Gallons Per Minute Rating Important if You are Using a Pressure Tank?

My pump finally died for good and forced the issue. The circuit breaker tripped and could not be reset. I called Staven Brothers, a well drilling company that has a good reputation in Tolland, CT. They pulled my old 1.5 HP, 5-GPM pump and put in a new 1.5 HP, 7-GPM pump, and raised the...
  3. Biddle

Why Is Pump Gallons Per Minute Rating Important if You are Using a Pressure Tank?

The well report says the well will deliver 20+ GPM. Do you recommend a 10 GPM pump because that is typical for a 1 HP pump and you think a 1 HP is a good balance between performance and cost? What determines the depth to set a pump? How do you calculate the number of gallons stored in the well...
  4. Biddle

I've never heard of a pump permit before. I hope that's the case here in Tolland , Ct. Great idea. Thank you.
  5. Biddle

Thank you for the advice. I didn't mean to infer that the pump was set at 680'. The well is 680' deep. I have no idea at what depth the pump was set. The well driller's report doesn't say. I'll call him and see if he still has a record of my well from 12 years ago.
  6. Biddle

Thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated. 680 ft. is a long way to pump water. The well report from the drilling company 12 years ago says the static water level is 112 ft. Can that change over time or should it still be accurate? I read that pump stages provide lift. How do I determine...
  7. Biddle

I am planning to replace a 12-year old 1.5 HP, 5 GPM submersible pump in my 680 ft. well. I have a 50-gallon pressure tank. Water pressure has always been terrible. Not enough water pressure to run a single lawn sprinkler. Cannot take a shower and run the dish washer at the same time. I'm...
  8. Biddle

Circut Breaker Trips - Pump Wire Short, Bad Pressure Tank, or Well Running Out of Water?

I interpreted the installation instructions that came with the pump as indicating 12 g wire and a 20-amp breaker. I'll see if I can find the installation instructions and check again. Meanwhile, I replaced the old 20-amp breaker with a new 20-amp breaker. It tripped once and then not again in a...
  9. Biddle

I replaced the old 20-amp breaker with a new 20-amp breaker but then it tripped again so apparently the breaker wasn't the problem. Oddly, the circuit breaker has not tripped in a week and everything seems to be working fine. Don't know what the explanation is for that. I think since the pump...
  10. Biddle

Reach4: Sorry, I'm just getting back to you. It was a busy week. Starting amps: could be higher. When I heard the pressure tank click indicating that the pump had started I raced to put the amp probe on. 5 or 6 seconds had passed. I'll try it again. You asked about the wire gauge to the...
  11. Biddle

Craigpump: I measured the amps with my amp meter. The first time I measured it, the pump started at about 13.75 and as it ran had a high of 13.95. The second time I tried it, it started at 13.75 and had a high of 13.78 as it ran. Maybe the first time, I got the number wrong for the 13.95.
  12. Biddle

Reach4: The 240V circuit breaker has a 20-amp rating. You said I should "measure the resistance of the disconnected wiring to ground." I'm not sure what that means. Are you suggesting I disconnect the black wire on the pressure switch that goes to the pump? One probe from my multimeter would...
  13. Biddle

I would be most grateful if you would give me a hand at figuring out the well/pump problem I’ve been experiencing the last 2 weeks. The pump circuit breaker trips under normal water demands for 2 people. Example: The circuit breaker trips and, consequently, cuts off the water after running the...
  14. Biddle

Can No Longer Manually Start Fleck 2510 Regeneration Backwash

dittohead, Manual regeneration is starting fine. Don't know what the problem was previous that would not allow it to start. Thanks again for your help. Tedd
  15. Biddle

Can No Longer Manually Start Fleck 2510 Regeneration Backwash

dittohead, Thanks for your help. You asked "does micro switch cam move?". If the "micro switch cam" is also known as "drive cam" (I had to look in the manual's part list), the answer is "yes". Today, when I turned the regeneration knob, it worked and the manual back wash started. I'm pleased...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks