Recent content by bhavenst

1. bhavenst

Flexible copper in wall?

Will do. Thanks!
  2. bhavenst

Flexible copper in wall?

I asked the building inspector and he says that as long as both ends are soldered, flex is fine in the wall. I'll have to look for such a flex section, as all of the water heater ones I see have at least one screw-on end. I guess I can use soft copper tubing instead, as suggested here. I'm...
  3. bhavenst

Flexible copper in wall?

Many areas in Colorado have expansive soil. We have (in general) slab on grade basements. The expansion of the soil can cause the slab to move up and down. Consequently, all basement walls must be built with an expansion joint (1.5"). It normally consists of a 2x4 fastened to the slab, then...
  4. bhavenst

Flexible copper in wall?

My tub/shower combo in the basement has a gap at the top for floating slab considerations. The rest of the walls have a gap at the bottom, but the tub needs to sit on the concrete. Anyway, If solid pipes are used and the floor does shift up or down, the pipes would have problems. Can I use...
  5. bhavenst

Supply sizing

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll go pick up some 3/4"! Thanks for the input... Bryan
  6. bhavenst

Supply sizing

I'm adding a bathroom (tub/shower, sink, toilet) in the basement. Our supply pipes are 3/4" to the main floor bathroom, after which they drop to 1/2" to supply the kitchen. Can I branch off the 1/2" (for a total of about 20' of 1/2" leading to the bathroom) to supply the bathroom, or do I have...
  7. bhavenst

Basement Rough-In

Looking for a little help with my basement rough in (done when the house was built in 2001). My main question is where the tub drain is intended to be. There is a mark on the wall that says "TUB", but no pipe. Is it buried in concrete, or should it be run above the slab over to the vent/drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks