Recent content by bepoint

1. bepoint

Oil to natural gas conversion - seeking advice - 1950 Cape

Looks like it will likely be the HTP Elite 80 with Turbomax T-33 tank along with Tekmar 400 control and Tekmar 552 thermostat.
  2. bepoint

Glad you responded. Maybe this explains it: He suggested I may want to consider Thermostatic Radiator Valves for each of the 13 radiators which would enable me to adjust heat to individual rooms. On first hearing this it sounded good but given the estimated cost and my budget, I said no but...
  3. bepoint

Other contractors have come in since my last post recommending oversized boilers. But, now I have one contractor who is recommending an HTP Elite 80 (16k-80K) with T-33 indirect water tank (I believe Turbomax). He is writing up proposal which may include option for tekmar controlers. At least...
  4. bepoint

Thanks very much Badger. "HTP Contender or the Triangle Tube Prestige, at 50 and 60mbtuh respectively" Sounds like 2 nominations for the Triangle Tube Solo-60. Thanks for including suggestions for indirect hot water too. This morning I received a quote from contractor I provided all my...
  5. bepoint

Thanks for the recommendations with your comments, installer tips, and patience in answering my questions. It is very much appreciated. I plan to post back as things move forward.
  6. bepoint

Thanks Dana. Sounds like finding the right contractor may be harder than finding the right equipment. No one even inquired about fins. Neither of the two I provided measurements to has responded so I'm still waiting. All others simply quoted based on total sq. footage of house and looking at...
  7. bepoint

Here are the updated and more accurate fin measurements after taking all covers off and measuring exact length of fins rather than length of radiator from pipe to pipe: 7'4" length of fins that are 7.25"x2" (not 7.5"). These wider ones are installed under 2 bay windows. 33'3" length of fins that...
  8. bepoint

It's one zone. Maybe down the road a couple years add a zone for small heater/radiator to take chill out of basement for work area only (not to be finished). "Square footage of the room doesn't matter AT ALL! " Sadly, this contractor seemed the most knowledgable (although, now that I think of...
  9. bepoint

Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed response. The fins are 7.5"D x 2"H. The unheated basement is 22" thick exposed field stone with 9' high exposed wood beams (uninsulated) ceiling. Basement has 3 old casement windows (34.5 sq ft glass) and 1 exterior wood door. Basement walls: 2...
  10. bepoint

This forum has been a real education. Thank you. Converting from oil to natural gas heat & hot water from old 1950 American Standard furnace with tankless coil. Cape style 1950 house located in northeast (Stamford, CT area) with original insulation and full unfinished basement. Here are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks