Recent content by BenWara

1. BenWara

hose spigot

I noticed all the spigots have tiny holes right in the beginning where the supply line connects. It looks like there is a ball or something in there... must be for the anti freeze. so the main questions I have still is: 1)does anyone make one that has a bigger hole in it and will be anti freeze...
  2. BenWara

hose spigot

Need some help please. I've been googling this and can't find anything. Right now I have two hose spigots on my house. they are plumbed with 1/2" pex. I'm trying to establish my yard and don't wanna throw down on a in ground sprinkler system. So i bought a splitter for each spigot and laid out...
  3. BenWara

sump and no floor drain

since you said walk out basement I assume it is finished. there could be one.... have fun finding it. Could be carpeted over. My friends ended up being under his washer. his sump pump pit was under the landing in the middle of the steps drywalled in. :) maybe you can get plans for you house...
  4. BenWara

retaining wall

i think i should have mentioned the proposed wall is going to be from interlocking blocks. sorry about that.
  5. BenWara

Url ??

you can go to http://www.whois.net/ and type in the URL and it will give you some info about who registered it. Don't know if that will do anything for you
  6. BenWara

Main Drain Pipe Leaking

oh also (you may already know this) but they make a tool that is a steel cable that has a loop on each end. You pull that back and forth and it will cut the pipe. I googled and found a tip that you can take a hose clamp and clamp around the pipe where you want the cut. then use the cutter and...
  7. BenWara

Main Drain Pipe Leaking

you mentioned your line has 2 45 degree elbows. I added a T in my main line so I could add a sink. I cut out the area with the 2 45s so that I could add in my T without having to use once of those flexiable couplings. It was really hard to get it all together but I was able to do it. I practiced...
  8. BenWara

retaining wall

why would the bottom of my retaining wall have to be to the same depth as my footing for my house? that would leave me with over half my wall in the ground. my concern of freezing is my houses foundation. I didn't if putting a wall near my house would mess with the frost line.
  9. BenWara

retaining wall

I think you are making a joke about my drawing not being to scale so haha :) if you ment something else I don't know what you mean.
  10. BenWara

Gas line sizing .. can someone confirm?

that's pretty good to research what you need so you have some knowledge. If everyone did that america would be way different. anyway, I don't know what size gas line you need but i would suggest checking out the install manual that came with it. I read the one for my furnance (wanted to see...
  11. BenWara

Help: Replace Main Shut Off Valve

the water company says you have to replace it?!?! is the valve before the meter?
  12. BenWara

will NPT fitting work with IPS fitting?

per the 27th edition of the Machinery's Handbook, NPT refers to American National Standard Taper Pipe Thread. :)
  13. BenWara

Length from sink drain opening to p trap

it might bother you 99.999% of people would say oh wow this looks great and that's it. Don't sweat it man.
  14. BenWara

Help: Replace Main Shut Off Valve

what all did you talk about with the water company? I may be wrong but that looks like it is before the meter. I know with the electric company everything before the meter is their problem (unless you do something dumb). I'd see what they can do for you before you go to any trouble you don't...
  15. BenWara

Bringing plumbing to an outdoor shed?

dude don't let everyone scare you off. I'm not a plumber either but i've tacked some stuff. Out here in south dakota (not sure how they act out your way) I just call the plumbing inspector and tell him what i want to do. I was pretty surprised how helpful they are. I just moved some plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks