Recent content by Bennet Young

1. Bennet Young

what rating suction line should I use?

its a shallow well pump not submersable, its in the gaarage.....
  2. Bennet Young

what rating suction line should I use?

I am scrapping my old poly line going from my well to the pump. I am tired looking for the leak. I have about a 75 feet length to go. Should I use 100 psi or 160. Whats the disadvantage if I go with 100 psi. Its a shallow well with a 3/4 horse goulds jet pump. Appreciate any suggestions.....
  3. Bennet Young

suction line air leak

This is my third post and from the response I have gotten, I guess I have an air leak on the suction line somewhwere. Once again, my pump struggles at kick on (30) to get going, bobbing back and forth from 25-30, A lot of cavitation at first while it struggles. Then after a long period of time...
  4. Bennet Young

pump struggling to get through cycle

I posted earlier as well. Having the same issue. Goulds jet pump has 30/50 switch. When it kicks on at 30 it will struggle to get any where. 5-10 minutes pass still struggling at 30 then all the sudden you can hear it take off and it brings it smoothly up to 50. This problem has just developed...
  5. Bennet Young

pump taking long time to reach cut off!!

tried the nozzle cleaning I did as you suggested, it's that big bolt plug below where the first pipe enters the pump right? If so, I was able to put the wire in all the way on the first try, no resistance or sediment visible, still went through the motions. We will see how fast it reaches cut...
  6. Bennet Young

pump taking long time to reach cut off!!

I have a 3/4 hp shallow well goulds pump, about 9 months old, and a new bladder tank as well 40 or so gallons. The pressure switch is a 30/50. No problems til recently. The pump lost prime completly. We changed the check valve on the poly right before the pump and we dug up around the well and...
  7. Bennet Young

my water hammer problem better explained

my water hammer Thanks for your response. I moved the tank as well. I put about another 25 feet of pipe on to relocate it. Can you tell me what I can do to stop this hammer at the pump. It didn't do it before and its very annoying. But the worse thing is that my wife is mad at me!!!! Would a...
  8. Bennet Young

my water hammer problem better explained

I am very new to all of this but let me try to further explain my situation. The pump was taken out from under the house and put in the garage for ease, There was no leak we just added on to the poly with pvc to get from under the house to the garage. The pump is a shallow well 3/4 hp Goulds...
  9. Bennet Young

water hammer at pump, Help!

I recently took my pump from under the house into the garage by adding pvc to the black poly going out to the well. I have a check valve right before the pipe goes into tthe pump. The hammer is only in the main line going to the pump. You hear it when the pump cuts off. Sounds like a loud thud...
  10. Bennet Young

water hammer problem..help!

I recently took my pump from under the house into the garage by adding pvc to the black poly going out to the well. I have a check valve right before the pipe goes into tthe pump. The hammer is only in the main line going to the pump. You hear it when the pump cuts off. Sounds like a loud thud...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks