Recent content by beckkl

1. B

Should I have my lead water lateral replaced?

Any tips for joining copper to it? There is already a bell, where the old copper was removed. It was necessary to remove, as valve on the extremely short piece of copper was totally shot. Some folks mentioned Lead-Loc compression fittings, but I was wondering if there would be any way using...
  2. B

Should I have my lead water lateral replaced?

My wife and I purchased a home, which is being gutted and completely redone. I noticed the water coming in from the street is a lead pipe. Would it make sense to have this replaced? I'm unsure of the cost, but I'm sure it isn't going to be cheap. The home inspection guy said it isn't really...
  3. B

Gas Tank Heater Options?

Hello, I was wondering if there were any gas tank water heaters out there folks consider a good mix of price/performance. I'm currently building a 2.5 bath home, with a 55 gallon whirlpool tub. 4-5 people. Gas is cheap where I live ($1.00/therm), and I was looking at the .7EF Effex models...
  4. B

A few PEX design questions

I'm starting to question even using Pex at all. Doing a standard Trunc/Branch with CPVC and a recirculating pump might make more sense. For whatever reason I feel more comfortable with having CPVC fittings in a wall than a Pex fitting. After measuring again, it looks like the furthest...
  5. B

A few PEX design questions

I am building a new home, in which I will be the GC. I have experience running pex, and thought I may tackle the supply work in my new home. The pros/cons of all of the layout options have my head spinning. I keep flip-flopping between doing a remote manifold layout and a home-run system. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks