Recent content by Beantown

1. Beantown

Symmons Temptrol valve - difficult to turn

update I replaced the spindle, cap, and packing nut and that has done the trick - I must have 'boogered' the threads the first time around. Thanks everyone - follow up question - is there a wrong way to replace the diverter handle? I changed it out - uncrewed cap, puled out old plastic...
  2. Beantown

Yup, plenty of grease. Maybe I will loosen up the cap and packing nut again and re-do it?
  3. Beantown

I thought that I did it right - on the Symmons instructions it said to "be sure spindle assembly is drawn close to the cap before screwing cap back into valve" So I set the spindle so that the cold washer retainer/gasket was close to the cap. Did I do the opposite as to what I was supposed to...
  4. Beantown

Hello, I just changed out the Spindle (part TA10) for a standard Symmons Temptrol valve as part of a shower remodel - had to change it because I could not get off the handle with all the gunk built up over the years. Anyway, after replacing the spindle it is now very difficult to turn on and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks