Recent content by BDrivenByDemons

1. BDrivenByDemons

HTP phoenix light duty repair or something better?

I flush yearly but it's very clean every time.
  2. BDrivenByDemons

The old and new unit are the same except LP/NG. Yes stainless tanks. No glycol this is for DHW. The burner is some sort of coper/nickel alloy.
  3. BDrivenByDemons

So... My HTP light duty heat exchanger (NG) developed a leak. Took it apart and found the burner tube full of water. Cleaned it out and it slowly refilled. I was pretty happy with this unit and was using it for radiant heat in my basement floor and it seemed to do fine. So here's my weird...
  4. BDrivenByDemons

*** Solved*** Troubleshooting my new 5810SXT softener. Running out of soft water too quickly?

I measured my BF, just as you did, @ .28GPM so you need to approx double your calculations. My total salt does is 16 lbs. for 48k grains. I contacted hach about the 30gpg limit and diluted with 1/2 distilled to measure. Multiple tests (including *not* diluting) give me that same 42. My...
  5. BDrivenByDemons

Tried a permeate pump on my new RO system. Didn't work so great.

I do appreciate your input on this. I did return the permeate pump and asv90 and grabbed a 50gpd 1:1 pentair membrane and electronic shut-off and pressure switch. Everything works much better.
  6. BDrivenByDemons

Ok this makes sense. IDK why my brain isn't working when it comes to this topic. I'm going to try a few things this week... I'll probably try without the permeate pump first and see how the TDS reads.
  7. BDrivenByDemons

But how would you control the booster if also used with a permeate pump? It sounds like an ultimate yet expensive setup but the pump would run forever.
  8. BDrivenByDemons

Apologies. My old system was a watts WP-4V and after looking at it I see there is an integrated ASOV on top. My new setup is a Ukoke RO8-L and I did remove the existing ASOV to replace it with the 90%. I'm aware of the different hookup layout of the 90% valve. I also bought the permeate pump on...
  9. BDrivenByDemons

I think I figured it out. I need an electronic shut off for the supply that closes once the tank pressure is satisfied.
  10. BDrivenByDemons

I bought the ERP-500 permeate pump and the ASV90 shut off valve after reading quite a bit here. It doesn't come close to the pressure/flow my old watts setup with an aquatec booster pump had. I still have the aquatec pump and would like to utilize it for maximum pressure on this new system but...
  11. BDrivenByDemons

Fleck 5810SXT bizarre behavior

Go to the pentair website and send them an e-mail. The guy I worked with was super helpful.
  12. BDrivenByDemons

Fleck 5810SXT bizarre behavior

I had some weird problems with mine too. Settings would change on their own after a power fail. Pentair tech support had me do a master reset and all was good after that. Hold the extra cycle button while powering up the valve. This will wipe everything so be prepared.
  13. BDrivenByDemons

Anyone run their softener without the top basket?

That makes sense. I guess I'll let it BW one more cycle then replace it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks