Recent content by bcaraway

1. bcaraway

Buy the Big Brands (Rainsoft, Kinetico, Culligan) or cheaper solution just fine?

Have any links where I can see these stacked tank solutions? Thanks...
  2. bcaraway

Buy the Big Brands (Rainsoft, Kinetico, Culligan) or cheaper solution just fine?

Thanks again for the help here. I called a local business (Greg Howard's Kerr Country Pump Company) that sells and installs softener systems in the area for many years. His offer: Clack WS-1 valve 45K capacity 1.5 cu ft 9.5 (or 10, not sure) resin tank Big Blue carbon filter Under sink RO...
  3. bcaraway

Culligan gave me a price for their Gold series softener, Big Blue filter, and RO system - $4565 When I asked, the sales guy said it's a Culligan made controller. Same with the Resin. 45,000 grain capacity softener with 16 or 18" brine tank. Much better price than expected. What other...
  4. bcaraway

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to put together my own system and have a plumber install locally. I've already started sizing and specifying a system thanks to the helpful links on this forum. I'm looking at the Fleck 5600 SXT (5600SXT-40M). Any recommendations on carbon filter and...
  5. bcaraway

We need a water softener. I recently had the Rainsoft guy out here for the dog-and-pony show (water test and very weak sales pitch). He never called back. I'm guessing he gets paid by the lead or per each test. Whatever. I have the money to lay out for one of these big brand whole house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks