Recent content by bbsux

1. bbsux

in shower tankless water heater

Oh there is hot water at all taps -- its just not hot.
  2. bbsux

Here in Lincoln NE, we have some of the lowest electric rates in the country. LES is public owned and run.
  3. bbsux

I am very dis-heartened by the amount of tankless "bashing" that seems to go on here. People need to understand that Tankless is NOT good for every situation just like a standard tank heater is also NOT good for every situation. CASE IN POINT: I am a bachelor. I DON'T COOK. I DON'T TAKE...
  4. bbsux

Pressure Pump for rainwater/toilet system...

I'd be willing to use a low pressure system but I think it'd be hard to get the water up to the toilet on the second floor. The reservoir will be several plastic 50 gallon barrels. I plan on having a electric solenoid controlled by a float with a backflow preventer. So if there isn't enough...
  5. bbsux

Pressure Pump for rainwater/toilet system...

I am thinking of setting up a rain water system to be used for toilet water. I'll have the tanks in my basement and have them go thru several filters. I also will have it setup to make up with line water if the tank is too low in the basement. Can I use a system similar to a well pressure...
  6. bbsux

how to connect cast iron to pvc in a vertical run

It looks just like the proflex I was using...
  7. bbsux

That must be a specialty item can't find it anywhere local here -- even the plumbing shops... Anyplace online? Thanks...
  8. bbsux

Oh yeah, I don't expect it to hold for long -- just until I can get everything lined up to do it... Then the plumbers that did my house didn't know what they were doing... It looks like they cut a hole and welded on a piece where ever they needed to... I swear the the cast iron I took out...
  9. bbsux

Gary, I want to apologize. I was angry when I read your response and read more into it than was there. Actually, I went back last night to check on it and the leak has totally stopped. (this is with the fernco coupler with the proflex sleeve in the center) I understand about the little...
  10. bbsux

Well for one thing the cast was "cast" uneven. The pipe wall nearest to the wall is horribly thin while the other side is over twice as thick. I could see a little irregular and maybe some internal rusting away..... So on the thin side I am understandably hesitant to break too much of the...
  11. bbsux

Time to replace galvanized where meeting copper?

I feel for you... I too had a basement full of copper-galvanized with no unions. (made worse because its a two story and they had used 1/2" right out of the 5/8" meter!) I ended up pulling all of it out and rerunning 3/4" copper and reusing a lot of the old 1/2" copper for fixture runs...
  12. bbsux

excuse me, for not knowing "the lingo". Its a sleeve, with a ridge in the center covered by a band and strap... you want the serial and part number too? I was under the impression that when people post here their questions are answered. Are they insulted instead? Umm, I would have thought...
  13. bbsux

Umm, it was leaking worse BEFORE I changed this. It is leaking MUCH less now. And they are 2 different widths, but the band and clamps fit right in the center portion of the fernco and when all four clamps and the band are used its much better... Lets see -- use "legal coupler" and have it...
  14. bbsux

I have a vertical section of 4" cast in my house that needs replaced. We pulled out the cast with the breaker and there was no option to keep the old hub (due to the builders lack of planning). We have used a couple different of fernco no hub straps (we have used the proflex and the 1056 4" to...
  15. bbsux

Old cast iron DWV problems

That would make sense... They did have a furnace (coal I think) down there but took it out at sometime and added on two rooms on the first floor and may have extended the basement (it still not finished).
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks