Recent content by Barry

1. Barry

Type of Horizontal T to Vent Kitchen Sink

The horizontal T is out of plumb about 20 degrees so that the vent pipe (uses a trap arm to connect between top of T and the vent elbow in the wall) can allign with the vent in the wall. I'm not much of an artist but I have attached drawings to show the situation. Sounds like I will be OK using...
  2. Barry

Type of Horizontal T to Vent Kitchen Sink

I am replacing a horizontal iron 1-1/2 " T that sits outside the wall between an 1-1/2 vertical drain and a kitchen sink trap. The T vents to a 1-1/2" vent line in the wall. The original 1906 install used a horizontal straight T rotated about 20 degrees from vertical to allow connection of a...
  3. Barry

Flat T for a Vent above waterline (Dry Vent)

OK. So either a standard Vent T if I can find one or a sanitary T (in this case laying horizontal) with the normally downside (when vertical) facing toward the main stack.
  4. Barry

Flat T for a Vent above waterline (Dry Vent)

What kind of a T do I use when connecting, in the attic, above any waterline, a sink vent into a second horizontal sink vent. The main stack has a 90 degree 1 1/2 pipe stub just below the roof where the main stack exits. Both sink vents are running horizontal and joined together in a T just...
  5. Barry

Leaking Flush Valve

I have an early 1990's Crane toilet which has a leaky flush valve. I have replaced the rubber and foam gaskets on the flush valve, tried a variety of replacement flappers and replaced the flush valve. It still leaks into the bowl. The flapper either doesn't allign just right or does not seat...
  6. Barry

Water & Sewer Contractor in Minneapolis

I am looking for a Water & Sewer Contractor in Minneapolis to replace a water line to the street. Does anyone have a recommendation?
  7. Barry

Air Admittance Valve

Aav Thank you both for your responses. Will have to see whether the inspector will allow the AAV - if so, that seems to be the path of least resistance.
  8. Barry

'S' trap replacement

S trap I'd be happy to avoid another project. Unfortunately the city inspector is requiring a replacement.
  9. Barry

Problem with new water heater

Sounds like it's starved for fuel Are the shutoff valves open? Did dirt get into the fitting? Bad pressure regulator?
  10. Barry

Air Admittance Valve

I'm attempting to come up with a method for an 'S' trap replacement - see my previous post. I've been considering trying an Air Admittance Valve rather than pipe a vent. Has anyone had experience with them - good or bad? I realize the inspector would have to allow the "alternative method".
  11. Barry

'S' trap replacement

I have a 100 year old house with an 'S' trap in a 1st floor kitchen sink. The current configuration is the 'S' trap in a 1 1/2" line then a 3' drop to a 2" horizontal cast iron pipe running about 8' to the main stack. I'd like to know if there are any alternatives to installing a standard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks