Recent content by BamBoozzled

1. BamBoozzled

Water leaked trough the light below bathtub/shower in the apt below

This helps put my mind at ease as I have a similar problem! Thanks a lot terry and pedro!
  2. BamBoozzled

Water leak coming from upstairs bathroom to main floor.

Hi everyone, yesterday we noticed after 3 consecutive showers a little bit of water dripping from our main floor chandelier. We found the culprit to be coming from the upstairs bathroom. After running the toilet, and sink we realized the leak was not coming from those amenities. Not to mention...
  3. BamBoozzled

When I turn on my Air Conditioner my laundry room drain smells.

That makes a lot of sense to be completely honest. The a/c literally blasts air out of all fans that sometimes the house is cold. I think my idea of taking out the one way valve every couple of weeks and rinsing water will maintain the drain.
  4. BamBoozzled

I dont know specific about the pressure but compared to the winter months our new air conditioner blows much more powerful. Like I can visible hear it in any room and is tremendously loud. I have no idea about any traps in the drain but since putting in water in the a/c drain I have noticed no...
  5. BamBoozzled

The basement drains are never in use. The one in the cold room never has water in it, the laundry room doesnt have appliances so we dont use it, the bathroom is unused as well since it isnt completed, and the a/c one gets some water because the drain tubes connect to the floor drain. Do you...
  6. BamBoozzled

The water was dry at the bottom. The backup was 7 years ago and when the insurance company sent the group to clean up the backup i dont know that was the issue. I have noticed a little bit of sludge in the bottom of the pipe but not that much. It is important to note that the other 3 drains I...
  7. BamBoozzled

No exhaust fan in the laundry. No we do not we do our laundry at a laundromat but yes when the a/c fan stops to keep the set temperature the same the smell dissipates. Its only when the fan comes on. Just when that happens 3/4 times a day the smell lingers and begins to "grow" and move...
  8. BamBoozzled

I picked up this drain! https://www.amazon.ca/Liquid-Breaker-GD102-Green-Drain/dp/B00W2FPBJG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=26S85PY9BXJPA&keywords=drain+trap+seal&qid=1590503581&sprefix=drain+trap+sea,aps,145&sr=8-2 hopefully it all works out. I got the 4 inch one after measuring the drain. Thanks so much for...
  9. BamBoozzled

Based on my previous fixes I have stayed down there for hours and the fan in the laundry room blows strong outside the hole while the a/c drain doesn't. I ordered a one way drain valve and I think I am going to just cap the drain as I continue to look around, Is there a downside to this?
  10. BamBoozzled

No and thats why im stumped, I go down on my knees and smell the drain near the a/c and there is nothing. I smell the one in the laundry room and it stinks. I even put paper towel over the drain and can see it rising indicating air is coming out of it.
  11. BamBoozzled

I havent stuck a camera but you are correct whenever it gets hot the fan turns on too cool down the house and blows the sewer smell -This is for Wayne
  12. BamBoozzled

I also poured down buckets of water in the drain there as well but why does that one not smell but the other does.
  13. BamBoozzled

This is something I can help with. The furnace filter just got replaced and not clogged, I dont know what the speed is but all vents are unblocked and spewing heavy. The furnace room is close to the laundry room but all of them have no doors on them. After I put the flooring down the doors would...
  14. BamBoozzled

Ughh, I dont know D: and it sucks. Here are some pictures though. https://i.imgur.com/N0eJCBT.png https://i.imgur.com/pn0Nf4Z.png https://i.imgur.com/7KGEtw4.png I do know that when the heater is on during the winter months we have absolute 100% 0 smell.
  15. BamBoozzled

Thanks for the response. I just purchased the plug I posted but I have a question. Why do so many people plug drains they dont use with similar problems, I know of multiple people who have done this and whats the drawback if the drain still allows water in. Is this ok for a temporary solution as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks