Recent content by b1gmb

1. b1gmb

Main service ~250' run, what size/type of pipe

I talked to the inspector and he told me a backflow preventer is required. It sounds like any time you have another pressurized water source, either reclaimed or a well they want a backflow at the meter. ASSE 1015 is acceptable. I found a supply company that stocks 100' rolls and can get...
  2. b1gmb

Going to the county office today to get the rest of the details. My neighbor started talking backflow preventers and that means another pressure loss. Also going to pull my permit. I'll post back tonight after I talk to the county water department.
  3. b1gmb

My neighbor and I are hooking up at the same time so we can share the cost of running across the street to the main. The line will be split on our side of the street and we will each have our own meter. They were told it will be 60psi at the meter. I think I am definitely going with PE...
  4. b1gmb

I have a 2 bath house with only tubs in each, clothes washer and dishwasher. We are currently on a well, but are about to get hooked up to county water. The meter will only be 5/8", but I know I need to upsize my pipe to reduce friction loss over ~250' to the house. The house sits about 5'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks