Recent content by b10751

1. b10751

T&P/Expansion Tank/PRV Issue

Thanks Steve.
  2. b10751

ok, still no leaking, but the pressure keeps creeping up to almost 90. obviously, the PRV needs replacing. Here is a pic of the current PRV. How do i go about removing it? Do I, first loosen the union nut? Never dealt with union joints before. thanks for your help.
  3. b10751

24 hours and no discharge. Going to hold off replacing the PRV, so hopefully the new expansion tank solved the issue.
  4. b10751

Thanks. Is this something a handy diy'er could replace themselves? The defective PRV is a watts 25-AUB-Z3. Lowes sells a comparable watts valve for $75. Do you unscrew the old one and simply screw in the new one? Or would I be better off calling in a licensed plumber?
  5. b10751

New here and have gotten a lot of great info from reading the site. My issue: 3 years ago, my city installed new meters that had backflow preventers on them. within a week of that, i had some pipes burst due to expanded pressure. Consequently, I called a plumber to have pipe repaired. In...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks