Recent content by B West

1. B West

2 wire PSC well pump motor

The capacitors on PSC motors used on compressors and fans on outdoor HVAC condensing units are always energized on most units and on mine. The manufacturer must not care about safety! Is it just about cost on these?
  2. B West

2 wire PSC well pump motor

I have a 2 wire 240v PSC motor for a well pump that has the typical 2 contact type pressure switch. My question is: If a switch is used that only opens one of the 120v legs while the other is always energized, will that damage the capacitor or motor? Will it reduce the life of the capacitor...
  3. B West

Toilet performance question.

I recently installed identical toilets in a rental property. With the tank refilling to the fill mark, the level in the bowl is reached early and then overflows down the drain wasting water. I lowered the tank fill on both to about an inch below the fill mark and that made the fill stop at the...
  4. B West

Reduce excessive TWH Cycling

Thanks, Dana. If I did it for the kitchen faucet the dishwasher would also benefit. The .25 GPM flow switch was only to start the pump. The pump would be putting out enough flow to start the tankless. I saw on a post somewhere , where a guy put a flow switch on the cold water inlet side of the...
  5. B West

Reduce excessive TWH Cycling

The wife, and others, haven't or won't adapt to having a TWH and the nuances in how they operate. I'm specifically talking about hot water use at the kitchen sink. The hot water faucet can be turned on and off while manually washing dishes 4 or more times a minute. I'm afraid this is going to...
  6. B West

Briggs Vacuity toilet review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Was almost ready to replace this toilet. What I've done to improve performance over several years time messing with it. 1. Notch the dam to allow more water to flow from float/valve area to flapper side. ~ 1/2" deep and 3/4" wide. (Performed years ago) 2. Ensure a Briggs flapper with float as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks