Recent content by az1324

1. az1324

Shower Plumbing Question

I'm replacing a tub with a shower and plumbing the drain. I am removing the reducing tee and using a 2" drain instead of the 1.5". The drain, however is situated directly above a joist and there isn't room to place the p trap in that spot. The joist has already been notched, and I do not wish...
  2. az1324

Showerhead feed above tile line?

Hmm really ? I've never seen one above the tile. I guess I need to get out more.
  3. az1324

Showerhead feed above tile line?

Can I have the pipe feeding the showerhead come from above the tile line? (maybe 4-6") The water emitting surface will be slightly below the tile line after the extension, bend, etc... Seems like if rainshowers can be plumbed through the ceiling it should be ok. Tile line is 60" above tub...
  4. az1324

Showerhead/Handshower/Tub Filler Combo Question

You're talking about the thermobalance III valve right? Looks nice. ~$65 for the valve and several trims available ~$180. Pretty good. Thanks for the tip.
  5. az1324

Showerhead/Handshower/Tub Filler Combo Question

I am redoing my tub/shower and I want to have a fixed showerhead, a wall mounted handshower, and a tub filler. Can I use just one transfer valve and use a tub filler with a diverter so that when closed it sends the water up to the transfer valve which then selects between the handshower and the...
  6. az1324

Recommended Suppliers in SoCal?

Pacific Sales is usually higher priced and less willing to cut deals in my experience (direct to customer). I ended up getting the tub for approx 35% off retail. Their cost was 55% off retail.
  7. az1324

Well I got a quote from the mentioned plumbers warehouse on a kohler tub at approx 30% off kohler's suggested retail. Not sure how pricing is structured but is this the best i should expect to find?
  8. az1324

Adding exhaust fan to upstairs loft?

I have a ~800 sqft 2nd floor condo unit with a small loft area (~100sqft, ~600 cuft) adjacent to a vaulted ceiling living room. The rest of the condo is 8ft ceilings with attic space above. There is central ac but no vents/intakes in the lofted area. Needless to say it gets hot up there. It...
  9. az1324

I'm starting a remodel and looking for some good places to purchase a tub, toilet, sink, and fixtures in the Southbay area of SoCal. Any suggestions on who has the best prices/selection and sells to genpub? I have so far found plumbers warehouse in carson. Thanks.
  10. az1324

Seeking: 5' Rectangular Tub w/ Tile Flange, No Apron. Suggestions?

I'm looking for a 5' Tub for a 3 wall alcove installation. I would like to find a nice modern rectangular shape with as few as possible interior ledges. Also trying to keep the cost down. I like the Kohler K-1123 but they don't offer it with tile flange unless it has the integrated apron and...
  11. az1324

Glass Shelves

I need to put glass shelves in a frameless 42" upper dish cabinet but am nervous about their weight bearing capacity. What thickness of glass would you recommend and is support at only the two ends sufficient?
  12. az1324

Non-Sliding Tub Doors?

I've been searching but I haven't been able to find any glass tub doors that are hinged instead of sliding. Anyone know any companies that make these?
  13. az1324

Stud finders not working on hi gloss paint?

Yeah i mean i knew the approximate location of the studs but was just surprised to get that result. The paint is latex based over an enamel primer. Anyway, just curious to see why it happened.
  14. az1324

Stud finders not working on hi gloss paint?

I've tested 2 stud finders on the wall I'm working on and neither work. They give errors or think the whole wall is a stud. They do work on other walls though and the only difference is the hi gloss paint. Otherwise both walls are 1/2" drywall. Is the paint too reflective for the sonar?
  15. az1324

Kitchen Drain Question

OT: anyone know why am i not receiving my password from the plbg.com forum when i register or request new password?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks