Recent content by ayau

1. ayau

Help installing water softener

The old fleck softener still works, but we needed new one for a house we're selling and thought it would be nice to use a newer softener. I didn't know the big box softeners were inferior.
  2. ayau

Long story short, I'm selling an old house that has a broken softener and was going to swap with a new softener. Didnt know the big brands were low quality. Did some research and the old softener looks really similar to the fleck models. The analog meter looks exactly the same. I thought a...
  3. ayau

That's what I was worried about. Is there some kind of adapter to connect the old bypass valve into the Whirlpool softener? Is desoldering the "best" way to approach this?
  4. ayau

I'm replacing an old water softener with a Whirlpool model. When removing the old bypass valve, the copper nut seems to be on there pretty tight. I have a 18'' pipe wrench, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. How do I go about in removing the old bypass valve? See pic below.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks