Recent content by audioman81

1. audioman81

Oatey Pipe joint compound on PVC sink trap and drain?

when i posted this question I had ALREADY put it on and it had been 3 days without it leaking. now its been a week still no leak. My question was do i have to take it apart and clean it off and start over or will it be ok to leave it alone and not worry about it eating the plastic anytime soon?
  2. audioman81

Oatey Pipe joint compound on PVC sink trap and drain?

I installed a new sink in my bathroom and couldnt get it to not leak in a couple places so I tried teflon tape but it was hard to get it to stay above and below the nut that tightens the drain into the bottom of the sink so I looked at Fleet for some pipe dope or the like and they had Oatey Pipe...
  3. audioman81

3 way showerhead to handspray diverter

the threads werent where it was leaking it was by the swivel on the hose and the swivel on the diverter. there were plastic washers in there and i used pipe dope on the threads. any more ideas???
  4. audioman81

3 way showerhead to handspray diverter

I bought a 3 way diverter at home depot because i wanted to add a hand spray to my existing showerhead and be able to use one or the other or both. it was cheap plastic and almost $20 but was the only one i could find that had both option. I found a couple nicer metal ones that had one or the...
  5. audioman81

1 1/4" drain to 1 1/2" wall inlet

it wont work with a normal trap because the sink drain is too close to the wall. the only other way i can do it without the accordian trap is to go to the side and use a 45 or two 90's to get back to the wall, but they dont make those in 1 1/4" either so it still leaks from the last elbow to the...
  6. audioman81

1 1/4" drain to 1 1/2" wall inlet

I am having a similar problem, but no matter what i do it always leaks. I have 1 1/4" sink drain and 1 1/4" pipe sticking out of the wall. because of the odd height angle and hight difference of my new cabinet and sink i have to use an acordion p trap but they only come in 1 1/2" so I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks