Recent content by Atticweb

1. Atticweb

Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus, issue with shower

Thanks lifespeed for the experiment. Helpful, hear you on confirming and that seems to be the issue. Again thanks much.
  2. Atticweb

OK, I feel like you're just not reading my posts, or I'm not getting through well enough. There are numerous reasons I had to go non-vented, non-24/7 heated tank, but I'm already writing a tome here. The unit is working perfectly, just as advertised, in some pretty adverse conditions. It...
  3. Atticweb

Thanks Dana, your post came in while I was replying to another. I used the temp rise charts from SE and an independent source to choose the 29 Plus (some saying I was borderline 24+ but I went for more), realizing that probably no other use while a shower is taken would be SOP. That's no problem...
  4. Atticweb

Thanks, I've been reading about the thermostatic and still don't get it. The fact is my Stiebel Eltron Tempura 29 Plus *controls* and delivers the exact water temp it is digitally set to, by reducing flow if necessary. So, purchasing a valve whose main attribute is to do that also not only...
  5. Atticweb

I'm not predicting anything. Just going by what I read, which is often contradictory and/or irrelevant to my situation. Why do you recommend the thermostatic? This is the kind of suggestion with fact I'm looking for. Valve looks a bit pricey. I see you're in California, pretty sure you won't...
  6. Atticweb

Is that nationwide or local? I do not want the spool valve to do this: "reduce the hot going out" under any conditions. Again, I control that at the tank. Anti-scald is accomplished at the unit; I have it set to 210 right now and the cold shut off. Loses a few in cold pipes and comes out...
  7. Atticweb

Thanks for that info lifespeed. So you're saying that if a mixer is working properly, and you turn it all the way to hot, there is absolutely no cold mixing in? I thought I read that such valves need both hot an cold "pressure" to work. Please clarify, thanks much.
  8. Atticweb

Which is why I'm thinking about swapping out the mixer with something like this that I can control. Also... doesn't take me long ;) - finally went downstairs and shut off the cold water supply. Bingo, immediate hot water from tub (tankless). It's the mixer.
  9. Atticweb

Incoming is 50° now. I just don't see a 20°drop from the sink same supply a few feet away. Was thinking about putting in Kohler two single valves (just turn cold off) but plumbers don't seem to want to install it. Also if shower is restricted (I'm getting same results tub/shower), wouldn't it...
  10. Atticweb

Thanks for the reply jadnashua. Removed limit cam, no better. Yes the inlet water is cold, I live in Buffalo, but I researched this thoroughly before buying and it works great including unrestricted high flow in basement tub. Does slow up a bit sometimes to keep temp requested. I realize I can't...
  11. Atticweb

Something I forgot to mention. I left the old tank for now, just put shutoffs on both the cold and hot lines to it. Swapped out the tankless for the tank this morning to get a hot shower. No problem. So, don't see how it could be the mixer (shower faucet) if not affected when going back to the...
  12. Atticweb

Hope I have the right place, I'm new here. Just had installed the electric tankless model in title of this post, and upgraded my electrical supply to 200 amp to handle it. Costly but various reasons for doing so (venting issues, etc.). All work was well done. Everything works fairly well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks