Recent content by arrow

1. arrow

silcock leaking

I believe that gasket or packing is broken. I can't get it out unless I shut the whole water in my house out. I just want to replace the gasket. Will the Mansfield work? Thanks.
  2. arrow

silcock leaking

Here is the handle and the cap.
  3. arrow

silcock leaking

I have silcock(anti siphon frost free) leaking. Water leaks out of the valve. I have replaced the gasket of the stem in the other silcock valve. But I can not figure out which brand this is. Only thing I can read is ASSE 1019-A. I guess it is some of standard not a brand. How can I buy...
  4. arrow

cauking at shower drain stall

Thanks. The putty worked. Even the instruction in Oatey stall says applying silicon caulking, don't do it.
  5. arrow

Thanks Jimbo. Here is the picture. I applied the caulk on the bottom of the Oatey stall. After I tighten the nut from the bottom I applied the caulk around the stall on the fiber glass floor.
  6. arrow

With kind advices from this forum, I replaced my shower drain stall and pipe. Finally, I applied silicon caulking bottom of Oatey stall and the boundary of it and my shower floor. I believe my floor is fiberglass (it's not tile). After two days, I did leak test and fount leaking from...
  7. arrow

shower drain flange replacement-help

I'm back. I just got a quote to replace the stall at about $300. He said the pipe has to be cut. I guess it is right since there is no way to get the big nut out unless the pipe is cut. But $300. I'll try by myself first WITH your help. My P-trap in on a wood rail(?). It is hard to...
  8. arrow

Thanks. The pipe is a little bit titled to one end. Should I fix it first before I install a new one or push a gasket round the pipe? I can push the pipe hard to be in center so I can install something but it goes back to its position. I worry that it will squeez the sealing one side...
  9. arrow

here is the picture yes. It is not glued nor thread. There is only one ring(sleeve) around the pipe. I wonder how it works only with the sleeve. Is it possible that the installer forgot something or cauking around the sleeve worn out?
  10. arrow

I found tons of water leak to my crawl space. After a quick test I found that the water came through the shower flange. I found that there were a gasket (about 7-9 mm thick) to fill out the gab between the 2" pipe and the drain flange. I'm not sure what is the best that I can do. I visited...
  11. arrow

dishwasher problem - water coming?

Thanks, CASS. When it finish the operation, I don't see that much water. But after a while not using it, like today- actually first time- I saw a lot of water filled that overflows to floor even I did not run. And there is quite odd smell. At the summer I thought it is just because of the...
  12. arrow

dishwasher problem - water coming?

We are not using the dishwasher a lot. After a month or more, I opened the dishwasher and found that water was filled up in the bottom of the dishwasher. Actually it overflowed to the floor. We moved in four months ago. We have used it three or four times and every time we found water in the...
  13. arrow

replacing bath fan

My current bath fan generates a lot of noise and I figured that the motor inside is not tight to the frame. I want to replace the bath fan. From a brief research, I think I have to go up to attic and replace the fan from there. I measured the fan (7 1/2 x 9 1/4) but could not find same size...
  14. arrow

Replacing silcock valve

Thanks for the reply. I just moved in this hous a month ago. I did not know that it was broken inside. I'll not leave a hose on it anyway. The question is that how I can seal the valve and the pipe? soldering? Isn't it just for tightning? The sillcock valve I saw usually had tread at...
  15. arrow

Replacing silcock valve

I found that one of the frostproof valves has a hole inside of my house. I can see it at my crawl basement. When I open the valve most of water drops to the basement. I found it after tons of watering to my garden. It's too bad. I think the valve has been soldered. I wonder if I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks