Recent content by arbalest

1. arbalest

Yet another washer stand-pipe question for Chicago

There are just two kitchen sinks draining into this system. The bathrooms have a separate stack elsewhere.
  2. arbalest

Thanks, cacher_chick. I'll probably just do that. Yep, hj, the current laundry basin enters the back of the "Stringer drain fitting" just as you say. And, there are two kitchen sinks above it all. I think you are saying the current configuration is improper in itself. But if the...
  3. arbalest

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with this idea for an alternate way to implement my stand-pipe? The laundry room has a floor drain near the washer - about 4" diameter. I if use 2" PVC to route the washer exhaust to the floor drain with an elbow that directs the water downward but is...
  4. arbalest

Thanks for your input. I had a plumber put in a stand-pipe at another place and he used PVC - so I thought it was legal above the basement floor. Apparently not. For what it's worth (for others that might find this thread), below the basement floor, drain tile can be...
  5. arbalest

The question posted yesterday is so close to what I want to do I hate to ask this -- but I need help with the mechanics of pulling this off. In the first photo you can see the current configuration in 105 year old cast iron. There is a weird wye and the laundry basin seems to join the vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks