Recent content by ArayT

1. ArayT

Repeated Pinhole Leaks in NEW Copper Water Main

Agree w Mr Young. I had this issue on a house years ago and after I added a short piece of PVC between the water heater and mains the issue stopped. I still have the house (rental) and no problems in 15 plus years. rt
  2. ArayT

Premier PEX Fittings Leaking

I did not check it for that reason. I'm on a well and had it checked several years prior and nothing was flagged as being an issue except the water was considered a little hard.
  3. ArayT

I haven't had anymore leaks. I repaired those referenced earlier and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. I recommend taking pictures of all the work you've accomplished just in case a lawsuit is eventually filed. Good luck!
  4. ArayT

Witch Dr.

A man and his buddies are playing golf, he ask do yall have the same issue, my wife never wants sex anymore. They all respond you need to go see the Witch Dr., he can fix you up yep the Witch Dr. has what you need. He takes a trip tells the Dr. the problem Dr. replies I have just what you...
  5. ArayT

Repair or replace HVAC

An eighteen year old unit with issues should be replaced. The cost of the repair and then if you have another issue its money down the drain. I would get three prices on the replacement from reputable companies and make sure you compare apples to apples. The higher the EER rating does have a...
  6. ArayT

Kingston brass kb36330PX Tub spout dribbling

As others said it should drain in the off position but should not leak. The warning about installing a hand-shower is because it will not allow the trapped water to drain, like placing your finger over the end of a straw.
  7. ArayT

Vanity gap suggestions?

Really based on preference. 1/4" gap is doable w caulk but recommend filling the void w backer material prior to installing. There are several types of trim available that can be used but again based on personal preference.
  8. ArayT

Carrier infinity with code 47 No 230V to unit - later no power at Thermostat

When you checked for power what was it? Power to your tstat comes from a transformer located normally in the air-handler. Make sure ALL your connections are tight. Loose connections can cause multiple problems.
  9. ArayT

96% high efficiency furnace

Make sure the smaller unit is sufficient. Higher efficiency does not mean more cooling.
  10. ArayT

Partitioning L-shaped room. Should I move a register?

That's a common problem with this type layout (assuming there's no or very limited attic space). Normally the problem is the limited space to install ceiling insulation between the 2x6 rafters vs the knee wall. 8" return and the transfer duct should be sufficient. Make sure the flex is pulled...
  11. ArayT

All, I appreciate the replies. Guess its time to make decisions. Thanks Ray
  12. ArayT

Heat Pumps without much redundancy in cold climate?

As others have said, would not recommend it. Heat pump provides heat in two ways, what it captures outside and heat of compression. With what you have available outside, that just isn't enough.
  13. ArayT

Distance between AC ducts and existing water heater

Would look at clearance requirements for referenced tank/s, if that's ok then not a problem.
  14. ArayT

Partitioning L-shaped room. Should I move a register?

Agree with fitter30, move it. Doors don't need much undercut to be effective.
  15. ArayT

Trying out CoolCalc - questions.

If the info you have gives the sensible cooling, i.e. 48,000 btus, the remaining btus is latent (12,000). 12+48=60k btus or 5ton. 80% sensible 20% latent. The higher the latent capacity the better it is at removing moisture.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks