Recent content by ap1972

1. ap1972

Installed new Bradford White. Noisy Operation when burner kicks off.

Sorry, I did not mean the "click" noise. I'm talking about the noise made when the burner lights up with flames. Anyways, I had the plumber come in and check it. He said it is perfectly normal as there is more air intake fueling the flame & hence more activity with more noise.
  2. ap1972

Installed new Bradford White. Noisy Operation when burner kicks off.

I just got a new Bradford White water heater (Model: MI404T6FBN) installed. It seems that when the burner kicks off, it makes lot of noise, as if the air is blowing away the flame. The noise is noticeable as my previous burner (A O Smith) was pretty quiet. Plus having my office in the basement...
  3. ap1972

Bradford White or Rheem? EF & Warranty

Thanks Terry. I tried three plumbing companies here in Denver, CO & all of them install the BW - MI40T6FBN model only which has the EF of 0.59. I guess, like Mark said, I may have to go with the Rheem if I'm getting a rebate+2 additional years of warranty. Not to mention, since the Rheem has...
  4. ap1972

Thanks Gary. The warranties offered are basic warranties. I agree with you - I'm not going to take any extended warranty.
  5. ap1972

This is my first post. First, thanks a lot for putting up this forum. After reading some of the posts and expert opinions, it looks to me that BW is top model to consider, followed by Rheem, A O Smith, GE etc. And yes, no to Whirlpool (I came very close to buying it when I saw the price in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks