Recent content by Anthony Curtas

1. Anthony Curtas

Convert Toto flapper flush to tower flush?

Awesome info. Thanks guys!
  2. Anthony Curtas

It was more of a curiosity, especially with the one whose chain keeps getting tangled and won't seat. I don't know what my kids are doing to make that happen. Thanks.
  3. Anthony Curtas

Hi all, Is it possible to convert the older flapper style flush with the tower style mechanism? I have four toto toilets (2x Dartmouth, 1x Promenade, and 1x EcoDrake). 3 of them have the flapper style and the newest of the Dartmouth models has a tower. That one seems to flush the most...
  4. Anthony Curtas

Concrete slab poured tight to toilet rough-in

Thanks all. At this point the push in might be my best bet. One screwup and I'm jackhammering a slab on an almost completed reno. The stub out is almost exactly my floor height, maybe a little sanding to get it flush. Anyone have a preference for the Pushtite (Sioux Chief) versus the Twist n...
  5. Anthony Curtas

See attached. They painted the basement floor that pink color and went right over the pipe and cap. But it's 3" ABS, I'm sure of that.
  6. Anthony Curtas

Hi all, I'm doing a basement remodel with a half bath. The drain and vent were roughed in already when the house was built, but they poured the concrete slab tight to the 3" ABS pipe for the toilet. I chiseled the mounded concrete around it flush and level hoping for a sleeve or void, but...
  7. Anthony Curtas

Cal Faucets cartridge removal

Fixed it myself. I used the handle instead of a wrench and it broke free pretty easily (which is what I expected yesterday). Unit is held in by a few threads and an o-ring. That top cap seats the second o-ring to prevent leaks. I had a small piece of debris in the cartridge. Probably a...
  8. Anthony Curtas

Cal Faucets cartridge removal

Hi all, New wall spout tub filler stopped working. It's two quarter-turn valves that feed a spout. It's been used a few times to fill the tub and things worked fine. Model number is 50-W-R https://www.calfaucets.com/bathroom/parts/valves/1-2-wall-stop-valve-only-50-w-r Today, the cold would...
  9. Anthony Curtas

Recommendation for push pop up bathroom sink drain

We have California Faucets Zero Drains in our master bath sinks. They push click down to lock. Seem to work and look nice. Heavy brass construction and a pretty durable finish. Easy to remove to clean out a hair clog. They specify silicone for installation if you want a warranty on their...
  10. Anthony Curtas

Compression fittings weeping

Well I switched to the 12" adjustable and gave them another heave ho. About 1/4 turn on one and only half that on the other and it seems to have stopped. I'll keep an eye on it as I have a day or two before the counter goes in. (it is so much easier to work on these from above than laying in...
  11. Anthony Curtas

I read the 1/4 turn past finger-tight several places and figured that was a good starting point. Brasscraft's instructions say 3/4 turn past hand-tight. I'm not using a Brasscraft shutoff, but at least I have a reference point. I'll let you all know how it goes.
  12. Anthony Curtas

I'm using huge channel locks with foam on the jaws to hold the fitting and a 9" or so adjustable wrench on the fitting (a standard size, not a long one) I have open ended wrenches in my auto-tools, I can try one of those for the extra oomph. My SAE flare wrenches are not big enough for...
  13. Anthony Curtas

Hi all, I have two shutoffs I installed over the weekend that are weeping for lack of a better term. Over the course of 8 hours or so, enough water will accumulate to show up with a finger test. Never seems to develop a full drop to leak down (put paper down that should show any drops). I...
  14. Anthony Curtas

Vanity tailpiece not vertical

I went ahead and broke the seal and cleaned off the silicone. Even though the flat on the bottom of the sink was not level, I was able to get the tailpiece pretty close to vertical by sliding the flange around. I guess it's one of those small angles (that you almost can't see) at the O-ring...
  15. Anthony Curtas

Vanity tailpiece not vertical

The problem is that it is silicone'd in. Finish on the drain and faucet won't be covered under warranty with anything but silicone according to their instructions. If I have to, I have to, but I'm trying to see if it will make a difference before breaking that seal. The flat lip on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks