Recent content by Andy P

1. Andy P

Pre slope and water leak test

Here are some pictures of my liner after performing the water leak test (passed this time, the balloon must not have made a complete seal first time allowing a little water to drain). Is this much water too much water to have on the liner after this test. Should the liner be completely void of...
  2. Andy P

OK, redid my leak test an water level did not drop (balloon must not have made a complete seal first time). When I drained water there is still a little water in places on the liner. Is this amount of water too much and will it cause problems over time?
  3. Andy P

Thanks jadnashua. I did 1/4 " per foot slope. but obviously did not do a very good job of getting it flat (not level). I have read on other forums (maybe this one also) that I can use modified thinset over the existing deck mud to try to get it right. If I can't get it right I plan on tearing...
  4. Andy P

There was no sign of leakage. I looked on the floor, around the curb, on the ceiling below the drain, nothing. The birdbath is about 1/16th inch deep and about as big as a dinner plate. It is close to the drain area. I did use deck mud. I found it somewhat difficult to work with, however I...
  5. Andy P

Poured my pre slope, put liner down and performed leak test. Used a water balloon to plug drain for test. Level dropped about 1/8th inch in 20 hours (48 x 42 pan). I don't think the balloon made a complete seal - I noticed when someone flushed an adjacent toilet that a very small bubble came up...
  6. Andy P

Poured my pre slope, put liner down and performed leak test. Used a water balloon to plug drain for test. Level dropped about 1/8th inch in 20 hours (48 x 42 pan). I don't think the balloon made a complete seal - I noticed when someone flushed an adjacent toilet that a very small bubble came...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks