Recent content by andrew_karre

1. A

Side venting a water heater and boiler

A recently had a power-venting boiler installed (vents through a 3 or 4" pipe out of the rim joist) and will soon be installing a power-venting water heater. I'm wondering if there is an arrangement by which I can have the water heater share the last bit of the boiler's vent run with some sort...
  2. A

Multiple saddle valves

Is there any reason why I shouldn't have two saddle-valve connected appliance s on a cold-water suplly line under a kitchen sink (an ice maker and a hot-water dispenser)? Thanks much, Andrew
  3. A

Garbage disposal

My kitchen sink has a very small vertical distance between the sink drain and the waste T in the wall (5 inches, or so). I want to install a garbage disposal, but I haven't found one with less than 6.5 inches between the sink drain flange and the outlet (and thus, for my application, an unphill...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks