Recent content by Andrew M

1. Andrew M

14-2 and 12-2 color diff at breaker neutral

Yes, Canada. I have not been able to locate a 12/2 with white. Any one out there from Canada eh? East?
  2. Andrew M

14-2 and 12-2 color diff at breaker neutral

I am installing a 110 v floor heating system and due to load they recomend using the Red 12-2 wire and a 20 amp breaker. When I open the wire I notice a Black, A red and a ground. All the other circuits in my Siemens loadpanel have a black to the breaker, white to the neutral bar and ground to...
  3. Andrew M

Tie in to 3" copper stack question

So are you suggesting I use a wye with a 45 ? I thought using a wye on the vertical was a no no.
  4. Andrew M

I have reinserted. Hope you can see drawing
  5. Andrew M

Yes I have vents in both the shower and toilet to the attic and then 2" to 3" through the roof. The new horizontal 3" is 2 joists away and above the existing copper. I was hoping to cut into stack, place santee, come off that a couple of inches to put a 60 degree elbow in then from that elbow...
  6. Andrew M

Yes I have vents in both the shower and toilet to the attic and then 2" to 3" through the roof. The new horizontal 3" is 2 joists away and above the existing copper. I was hoping to cut into stack, place santee, come off that a couple of inches to put a 60 degree elbow in then from that elbow...
  7. Andrew M

Ready to Glue and screw. Just want to run this primitive diagram by you. My main concern is the configuration of a 30 degree off vertical drop of 2' to a 60 degree elbow which is joined to the santee with 2" of horizontal. Is this ok? And secondly, how can I be sure I have a santee ?
  8. Andrew M

I am at the end of building a master bath. I used 3" PVC for toilet, shower (2") and sink (1 1/4") feed into this. The existing soil stack is 3" copper to municipal sewer. I intend to tie into the 3" copper vertical drop with my PVC. In talking to a plumber a while back he said when I do...
  9. Andrew M

heated 120v floor and thermostat wiring

easy heat 1049 wire set in thinset.
  10. Andrew M

tiles are on and floor done. I could not set a probe if I wanted to. I guess you are suggesting I contact manufacturer? BTW, yes it was 7 ohms
  11. Andrew M

I installed a 120v floor warming system for tile floor. Th cost of the thermostat exceed cost of wire, so in my wisdom, I opted to not use thermostat control from manufacturer but rather use standard double pole dimplex thermostat for electric heaters. Not sure if this was good choice, so here...
  12. Andrew M

Thread joints and Teflon tape question

The fawcet is a porchet with 3/4 male thread. I could not find any 3/4 flex with female for tying to fawcet but am imporovising with 3/4 stainless flex with a female thread that was designed for hot water heater hook up. Will this work?
  13. Andrew M

Thread joints and Teflon tape question

This may seem like a not so good question, but, I am building a second bath and have mastered the solder challenge, also installation of pex and manifiolds. That said, I have a number of thread joints in the shower and bath, for example I am threading 3/4 flex pipe to my 3/4 tub fawcets. Many...
  14. Andrew M

test caps for Delta body jets

Installing a delta 18230 jetted shower unit. Problem is I have it all roughed in and want to test it before I put gyprock up. I can cap off the shower heads, but how do I cap the body jet orifices? They appear to have a non standard sized thread and diameter. I would like to hook to the...
  15. Andrew M

Help!! Soldering problem

Oh yea, I have used lots but it appears to flow out rather than suck in. There is a noticable wiggle to the joint on the pipe
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks