Recent content by Amy_2009

1. Amy_2009

Is it normal to use this much water all at once?

Wow, thanks! Lots of interesting info. I'll get those numbers today. Thank you!!
  2. Amy_2009

Wow, that is high. Our rates are much lower here in Oklahoma. But (unlike San Diego?) once it gets hot here it stays hot for a while. So you either keep on watering and watering, or your grass starts to make crunching sound when you walk across your lawn.
  3. Amy_2009

Yes, I know :( No such option for us unfortunately. Our friends out in the country have their own well and they water all day long.
  4. Amy_2009

Excellent idea, we'll do that. Thank you!
  5. Amy_2009

Right, but does it sound likely that all these sprinklers CAN use 3000 gallons over 110 minutes? Or should it actually be using around 1800~2200 as the guy said? Sorry if I wasn't clear: the question wasn't how frequently should we water using the existing settings (although your info is...
  6. Amy_2009

Ok, thanks! About 13,000 square feet.
  7. Amy_2009

Hi, This is a very broad ballpark question. We have about 18 rotary Hunter sprinkler heads for larger areas of our lawn and about 12 Rainbird static heads for smaller areas. Here's what the watering session looks like: 6 rotary heads run for 35 min 6 rotary heads run for 35 min 6 rotary heads...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks