Recent content by amilkovits

1. amilkovits

New Tub Installation - Drain/Overflow Help Needed

Ok, thanks. If the screw were even an 1/8" longer I wouldn't worry...but it was just challenging to get it threaded into the shoe when I was dry fitting it with plenty of access from all sides...so even without the putty taking up space, I'm still concerned. I'll swing by the plumbing supply...
  2. amilkovits

Unfortunately they don't have a glue up trap, and I really feel like that is the best way to go in this installation. I'm sure I could make it work with their regular trap, but their traps have horrible reviews...they sound like junk. Does anyone know of a high quality glue up trap with a...
  3. amilkovits

Hi all - Installing a new American Standard Americast Cambridge tub into my complete bathroom remodel. When dryfitting my overflow and drain I found that the screw for the tub shoe is *barely* long enough to catch the drain...and that's dry fitting without any putty under the flange. I'm...
  4. amilkovits

Help needed ASAP in bath remodel, DWV installation/replacement

Any other thoughts on a better layout? I may do what I proposed in my last post and just vent the downstairs later on.
  5. amilkovits

The 4" stack is essentially the vent from below. The full bath below and kitchen sink all just empty into it. It goes right from the roof the to city line leaving the building. So, to really resolve the issue I need to properly vent those fixtures on the first floor, either with an AAV on...
  6. amilkovits

Somebody else suggested that I could just stack vent everything since it's all within the 5 foot maximum for 2" pipe. Immediately coming out of the floor I could use a 4x4x4x2 right inlet for the toilet and bathtub, then a 4x4x2x2 sitting right on top of that in the stack for the bathroom sink...
  7. amilkovits

Alright, after further studying I found the following errors in my proposed plumbing: Toilet not vented properly in scenario 1. Not vented at all in scenario 2. Bathroom sink not vented in either scenario. The new drawing shows a vent in red. I would connect it and go up in the wall next...
  8. amilkovits

Hi all – thanks in advance for a site that has already been incredibly helpful. I am in the middle of gutting and remodeling our bathroom and would like to replace the cast iron waste pipes with PVC. About the house: Duplex, over/under. Each unit is a one bedroom with a single full bath in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks