Recent content by amchap

1. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

I wasn't "fixated" I simply didn't understand from anything that had been said prior to TedL that the unit was not a single piece. Without that knowledge the suggestions to "unscrew" it could only be read to mean unscrewing the whole unit from the sink. And FYI, neither the guy at Lowes nor the...
  2. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

Thank you, TedL. That was what I didn't understand. Sorry if it was obvious to everyone else. Neither the local Lowes nor ACE Hardware have a 1 1/4" threaded branched tailpiece. Is this online product the sort of thing that I need? Should I buy an 8" and cut it down, or will I be able to...
  3. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

It looks like even cutting the copper tailpiece and the branch tailpiece down as much as possible, I still don't have enough room. Is there a different kind of sink drain assembly I can get which would work in a bathroom and give me space underneath to fit a branch tailpiece?
  4. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

Perhaps I'm using the wrong terms. The existing copper tailpiece (A) shown in the photo is a single unit with a lever going in the side which raises and lowers the drain plug. If I replace that with a branch tailpiece then I wouldn't have a plug. There's no separate drain assembly into which I...
  5. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

Thanks. I plan to put the dehumidifer on a counter at the same height as the sink counter. So should I replace the existing tailpiece with a 1 1/4" threaded branch tailpiece, or can I just add that between A & B? If I have to replace the existing one can I get one with a pop-up sink drain...
  6. amchap

Dehumidifier Drain Line

I'm trying to connect a drain hose from my dehumidifier to the drain pipe under the sink. Here's a photo and a drawing (with measurements) of what it looks like currently under the sink. I'm a total beginner at plumbing, so appreciate any help. I've searched this forum, and others, looking for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks