Recent content by AmateurHomeowner

1. AmateurHomeowner

Gluing/Epoxying a bidet mounting bracket to toilet? Good idea or bad idea?

I appreciate the response, Reach. Replacing a wall-hung toilet is out of my comfort zone right now and I don't want to pay for a contractor to do it. In NYC, that's at least $1k from what I can tell. Definitely hear you on the bumpers - the goal is that the seat doesn't sag at all. There's a...
  2. AmateurHomeowner

I'm going to explore 3d printing a mounting bracket for the mounting bracket. This will require me to raise the seat max ½ in. I'll need to ensure the toilet seat has ½" spacers where it contacts the toilet or I risk breaking the open/close mechanism. Will tool around with it and post back here...
  3. AmateurHomeowner

Worst case, my wife sits down to do her business and the seat moves or slips. That's probably hazardous to *my* health when she comes after me for not doing it right.
  4. AmateurHomeowner

Oh and the duravit model is 222509. The holes are 10 5/8ths apart more or less so won’t fit the mounting bracket.
  5. AmateurHomeowner

If I do it right, attaching the mount shouldn’t interfere with the tabs. I’m just worried the glue or epoxy won’t hold fast without some sort of surface prep to give it something to grab.
  6. AmateurHomeowner

Thanks for the response, Jeff. What do you mean exactly?
  7. AmateurHomeowner

I also briefly considered drilling new holes but that seemed liable to crack the whole toilet or inadvertently hit a space meant for water.
  8. AmateurHomeowner

Had a toto washlet for years and loved it. Bought an apartment, moved into it a couple years ago, and couldn't bring the bidet with me. I finally got around to getting a new Toto C5 washlet and realized my tankless floating Duravit toilet seat holes are too far apart for the toto mounting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks