Recent content by Alexsis Miller Veal

1. Alexsis Miller Veal

Dim Glow in Incandescent Bulb When Touched

To answer the questions: We don't know how he touched the bulb, was the glass damp, dirty, etc, --> I touched the bulb at the top while on a ladder. The glass on the bulb was brand new, clean and dry. are you SURE it is incandescent and NOT a Compact Flourescent bulb? --> Yes...
  2. Alexsis Miller Veal

The fixture is 8 years old and a porch lamp, outside. Brass finish and has seen some serious wear.
  3. Alexsis Miller Veal

What does that mean in newbie terms? Sorry, forgive me and I appreciate your patience.
  4. Alexsis Miller Veal

Fabulous... Scary stuff. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate the response.
  5. Alexsis Miller Veal

Hi There, I'm completely new here and have no experience in electrical work. I have a front porch light where the bulb burnt out. I went to replace it with the light switch turned on and nothing initially happened until I touched the bulb. It had a faint glow in the filament. What's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks