Recent content by Alex47

1. A

Insulating a remodel

Thanks for your advice. Why the quotes around "they"? I just meant the standard of the day. I agree with you, I'd like to use foam. The room being only about 8.5 * 10, and just under half the wallspace being exterior wall, I thought I might have a hard time getting somebody out to...
  2. A

Insulating a remodel

I forgot to include that I've re-framed part of it with 6* to contain the new wet wall for the washer set up. This is the exterior wall. Of course nobody seems to be having any input........c'mon, I'm just looking for opinions!
  3. A

Which to buy! Retrospect Drake Cadet 3

Neorest.....,most recent sign pointing to the Decline of Civilization as we know it. I was in a Bonefish Grill the other night, the lemon wedge had a little mesh cap on it, so you wouldn't get pulp or seed on the fish. Somebody is making a living producing shower caps for lemons.........we're...
  4. A

Insulating a remodel

I've got a 45 -50 yr old cinder block home, over a 3ft vented crawlspace in North Central Florida. 1) The exterior block is not painted, though I may end up doing this. 2) There are no moisture issues presently in the house (there was, but it was due to some grading issues that have been...
  5. A

My Tankless Experiment

I'm not trying to sell anybody on anything, but I'm not apologetic for the fact that so far, I really like the system. Yes, it's warmer outside in Florida, and climate should inform a decision to install an outside heater....that's why I included that detail. Maybe 4-5 years from now...
  6. A

My Tankless Experiment

I had a Noritz N-69M-OD installed a couple of months ago. I am remodeling the utility/mud room, and getting the old heater out of there gives me room for front loader washer and dryer on the outside wall. This is the only part of the remodel I wanted to hire out. Utility company put in...
  7. A

Water Pressure Problem

Gary: First, thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. I knew there was some ID difference, I just had no idea it would have so drastic an effect. So: 1) The 3/4 PVC supply line is fine. 2) I should see improvement if I replace the 20' or so of CPVC cold water line with 3/4 inch pvc (what...
  8. A

Water Pressure Problem

I've already done the pressure test, though I'm not convinced the gauge from Lowe's was all that accurate. It read 80lbs at the hose bib, and after opening an inside valve, it momentarily dropped to mid 70's, then right back at 80. Does this seem right? I expected some drop. I guess I...
  9. A

Water Pressure Problem

I've got an old home (galvanized water supply, originally on well). A few years back the well went dry and burnt out the pump. I opted to go on city water. The new water supply was a 3/4 inch pvc line (the utility says that is the standard in this area). When the plumber tied into the old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks