Recent content by Al S

1. Al S

P-Trap access box under basement floor

I have an under basement slab P- trap connected to the 4 inch main that then exits the house. Because there is a full bath 20+ feet from the trap, the pitch has the trap about 2 feet under the slab. The wood surrounding the trap has all disintegrated and the dirt is starting to fall onto the p...
  2. Al S

Under Slab P Trap

I have an under basement slab P- trap connected to the 4 inch main that then exits the house. Because there is a full bath 20+ feet from the trap, the pitch has the trap about 2 feet under the slab. The wood surrounding the trap has all disintegrated and the dirt is starting to fall onto the p...
  3. Al S

Method of removing lead joint from cast iron hub

Hi. Can you explain why the oakum is not able to be removed? Isn't oakum just oiled hemp - a fibrous material? I know it packed in tight to seal the lead being poured. Not sure why it cannot be removed. This post is a first that claims this from my searches.
  4. Al S

What size pipe can I put through a 2x4

...as in a teco stud shoe?
  5. Al S

Washing Machine Box Installation Help

Ok. I was merely referring to the UPC, which says 2" pipe cannot pass through a 2x4. Perhaps there are exceptions for your area. I live in NYS. Did the use of a teco stud shoe (not shown in the picture) allow this?
  6. Al S

Hi. It is to drain a washing machine. I'm pretty sure that requires 2"
  7. Al S

Thanks for that. Furring out a 2x4 wall to be 2x6 would be a huge problem for that small of an area
  8. Al S

Washing Machine Box Installation Help

Since 2" pipe going through 2x4 studs, is that to code?
  9. Al S

Actually there is a clean out port. That might be helpful should a big chunk of okum drop down when lifting out the galvanized pipe, potentially causing a clog downstream. Thank you very much
  10. Al S

Hello, I have a 1955 cast iron hub with a 2 in galvanized pipe in what looks like 3 inch cast iron hub with a lead joint. The hub and pipe are vertical and I am seeking advice as to removing the lead that surrounds the pipe. I've seen examples of drilling out the joint with dozens of holes...
  11. Al S

Seeking monoflow draining methods

I learned today the monoflow branch and the indirect tank are fed from the same supply valve. Looks like I have to shut off water supply valve because I can’t isolate the two branches from one sourcing hot water and the other sourced for heat
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks