Recent content by ak199

1. A

Ejector Pump Box with Air Admittance Valve (LONG)

Thanks for the explanations. It was my local plumber who originally was going to install this AAV. I think I will try again to find a master plumber to come out and give me another venting option. Until now, the AAV will suffice as a temporary fix. I appreciate the help. Peace!
  2. A

All I came here for was an explanation. What I got was a bunch of guys that wouldn't even take the time to look at something before dismissing it outright. Even when presented with evidence that the design was acceptable under IRC Code, they attacked the device, they attacked the...
  3. A

Oh really? Then why does the AAV hiss after the tank has been emptied? Is that my imagination? Not so. See figure P3109.2 of the IRC code, depicting a Laundry tub under "Wet Stack Venting". My AAV is 6 FEET above the sink. Got anything else? :)
  4. A

Grab all you like, because you're dead wrong. Here is the text of the post on the other forum by the IRC inspector: >The air can escape by way of the waste line into the sewer ejector. > >In other words by a code approved 'wet vent'. > >IRC 2003 P3113.4.1 states: >"Drainage piping...
  5. A

It is "Right". Maybe you don't agree with it, but the IRC allows AAV's and so does 45 other states in the nation. Sorry you live in the minority where it's considered "wrong". I don't live in Illinois.
  6. A

I just want to make one thing clear, I came here to get an explanation of an engineering design devised by STUDOR (not me!) for an ejector pit pump. The first "experienced plumber" to reply didn't even bother to look at the design, and from what HJ is saying, neither did he. Obviously, none of...
  7. A

According to their manual, you do need at least one atmospheric vent in the line (which I do have). But I object to the notion that a design is "wrong" if it doesn't meet "local code". Under the IRC Code, an AAV with a sewage ejector is 100% acceptable, and that is where my installation and the...
  8. A

With the vent completely sealed by wastewater backup, the pump box would become air locked (as redwood spoke of earlier), and unable to either suck water in or push water out. I guess technically, the thermal breaker in the pump would trip and shut it off. But such things can happen with any...
  9. A

Thanks for checking it out. Two questions: "This vent will not meet the requirement of tieing in 6" above the flood rim of fixtures served by this line." My vent is actually tied in about 6 feet above the flood rim of the fixture, and about 6" higher than the horizontal drain line. So I...
  10. A

Thanks for you input. Now for those of you that care to examine new designs before arrogantly dismissing any theory that you do not agree with, have a look at their design manual on page 14, you will see the ejector box vents to the studor AND back into the horizontal waste pipe after a...
  11. A

Firstly, we are not talking about a "someone" giving me an "okay". The engineers at Studor have concluded that their valve will allow a sealed sewage ejector pump box to work if you follow their design criteria. I am not going to entertain suggestions that Studor is printing lies and...
  12. A

In my locality, no inspection is required for replacement of existing plumbing. Anyway, the original rube-goldberg sink pump would never pass code, so why should I call an inspector to look at something that's been wrong for 40 years? In this case, my new system can't be any worse then what I...
  13. A

Hi all. Newbie here. I just bought a home with a basement utility sink below the sewer line. The original owner rigged up a rube-goldberg contraption, with a pump mounted to the bottom of a sink, and a float switch mounted IN THE SINK. It was disgusting, with a constant 1-2" of standing, dirty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks