Recent content by AJM

1. AJM

DIY - Split receptacle to light switch and light fixture with 14/2?

Is there another black wire in the switch box? - Not any that provide the required return for the outlet. I disconnected a stand-alone outlet for ease of testing. I had installed it a couple years ago directly below the light switch. I did a continuity check today to ensure that I was...
  2. AJM

All of the constant-on outlets work. None of the switched devices are working now, but were prior to the parts swap.
  3. AJM

Pics attached. Let me know if you need a better look.
  4. AJM

"Nukeman, I was thinking you had run some new wiring. If the wiring has remained the same, check the wiring at the switch. The switch itself should have only black wires attached (not neutral and hot like your diagram shows). If there are two neutrals running to the switch box, those get tied...
  5. AJM

Nukeman, Are you suggesting that I add another 14/2 to take power back to switched receptacle? If not, how do I return a switched hot back to the receptacle?
  6. AJM

Billy Bob - Yes, nothing was added. The light fixture was not changed. There is only the 14/2 from the switch to the light (confirmed from attic). There is another 14/2 running from receptacle box to switch box (confirmed line with multi-meter). There was a 12/3 connecting...
  7. AJM

The 12/3 line runs to the other outlets in a daisy-chain. The last outlet ends the run.
  8. AJM

Can anyone suggest a fix for the following? My bedroom remodel included replacing the electrical switch and split receptacles with new parts. I have confirmed that all tabs are removed on the hot side of all receptacles. Note:I tried to install the new components exactly the same as the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks