Recent content by Agrajag

1. Agrajag

Where to buy a Dip Tube?

Options are good. I'll take it apart this weekend and use the brass tee and plan B. I'll just bring the current one to a few shops and see what they have available. For my own information what are "big boxes"?
  2. Agrajag

Where to buy a Dip Tube?

Because I just got notified that my job is ending in a week so laying out several hundred dollars right now isn't, in my view, the best decision. I'd rather spend $10-$30, roll the dice a bit, and then replace it when I'm back working again.
  3. Agrajag

Where to buy a Dip Tube?

Oddly all of the 6 I called keep asking for the model number and then say, "No, I can't help there." I guess I should just ask if they have ANY of them.
  4. Agrajag

Where to buy a Dip Tube?

Several said something about them not being able to stock them but having to order direct from the manufacturer. Totally confused. I think I found one on waterheaterrescue.com but it's also 3 times the price I've been seeing.
  5. Agrajag

Where to buy a Dip Tube?

In another thread it was determined, correctly, that I had one of the defective dip tubes in my 1997 Bradford White 80 gallon electric water heater (model number MI80R5DS13). I'm trying to stretch out the life of this a little longer. It's in great shape except for this problem. However...
  6. Agrajag

Suddenly Low Water Pressure Upstairs

I think you hit the nail on the head. When I removed the shower head there were TINY bits of white flecks in it that I thought might be something else but now I think it's this. I'll look it over and may drop you a line. Thanks so much.
  7. Agrajag

Follow up: The water company came today. The meter is underground by the driveway under a round metal cover that wouldn't have been easy for me to get off. The meter wasn't moving AT ALL. That means NOTHING on our side is leaking. At the garden hose spigot we're getting 57 pounds of water...
  8. Agrajag

I have a water pressure issue that just started and have some pretty good symptoms that may help to offer solid advice on what to do. For information sake we have a 2-story house with a basement where the electric water heater is. Looking around the property I'm not seeing any leaks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks